Wet boot...again, sorry !

Feb 25, 2020
Hi All,

Just wanted to say before I asked my first question, what a great forum this is and its been really helpful and informative, thank you all.

The problem i have is in the boot along the very back side, I'm getting a pool of water from what looks like a join in panels, it has all the hallmarks of the sealant having cracked, So i attempted to fill the 2 x cracks with a building sealant that can if necessary be applied in damp conditions, I dried it off first though.

So fast forward to the next shower, and there's a puddle of water as pictured there straight away, looks like it has come over the top of the sealant. Obviously it shouldn't be happening but I wondered if maybe the area behind the rear bumper has its weep holes blocked or do I just bung more sealant in ?

Or are there any how to guides available I can have a link for please ?

Sorry for the long winded question

Dave

Feb 25, 2020
Hi All,

Just wanted to say before I asked my first question, what a great forum this is and its been really helpful and informative, thank you all.

The problem i have is in the boot along the very back side, I'm getting a pool of water from what looks like a join in panels, it has all the hallmarks of the sealant having cracked, So i attempted to fill the 2 x cracks with a building sealant that can if necessary be applied in damp conditions, I dried it off first though.

So fast forward to the next shower, and there's a puddle of water as pictured there straight away, looks like it has come over the top of the sealant. Obviously it shouldn't be happening but I wondered if maybe the area behind the rear bumper has its weep holes blocked or do I just bung more sealant in ?

Or are there any how to guides available I can have a link for please ?

Sorry for the long winded question

Dave
seatboot.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise