Wet driver seat

h3dshot

Aug 25, 2015
Hi all,

Just hopped out of my car and noticed my ass was wet. After double checking that I hadn't pissed myself I went back to good old Vivian parked on the drive and saw a nice big wet spot on my seat.

Any ideas on what's caused this and how I'd go about fixing it?

Probably worth mentioning that it was raining on my way home and most of the day so I'm assuming a leak somewhere.. Checked the roof and it's dry so a bit confused.

Pic attached
http://tinypic.com/r/rqydqp/9

Last edited:

linfordfr

nardo grey
Nov 9, 2015
south yorkshire
Has you're missus lent the car, id be questioning her if her and you're seat is coming back wet, sniff it to see if its a blokes stain or hers. Or lick it which ever.

Was the window fully up? If the regulator is on its way out it starts to slowly wind itself down , so if its been parked in the rain with an inch or two gap in the window that would do it

h3dshot

Aug 25, 2015
Has you're missus lent the car, id be questioning her if her and you're seat is coming back wet, sniff it to see if its a blokes stain or hers. Or lick it which ever.

Was the window fully up? If the regulator is on its way out it starts to slowly wind itself down , so if its been parked in the rain with an inch or two gap in the window that would do it

sniff and taste test complete - oddly enough it tastes like water combined with ass sweat...

Hahaha yeah I spoke to my dad and he reckons it could be that the window was cracked open and its dripped through. I think it was fully up but will make sure it is in the morning.

If it is the regulator is it an expensive fix?

linfordfr

nardo grey
Nov 9, 2015
south yorkshire
Let me know if you need anymore sniffing im down for it.

I didn't look at the pic you uploaded, but just have done and deffo looks like window wernt fully up. Dont worry about the regulator just yet as it may have just been a mistake and you didnt fully put it up (you should have one touch tho where it fully comes up)

nah the regulator isn't expensive, just a pain to do but im sure you're old man could help you do it

h3dshot

Aug 25, 2015
alright sweet, thanks for the help.

err another related issue - my driver side rear window has a mind of its own and if I hold the button to wind the window up, it will go to like 90-95% then reopen itself fully. The only way to close the window fully is to keep lifting then releasing the window button to roll it up in 5-10% increments.

Any ideas whats causing that?

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum

err another related issue - my driver side rear window has a mind of its own and if I hold the button to wind the window up, it will go to like 90-95% then reopen itself fully. The only way to close the window fully is to keep lifting then releasing the window button to roll it up in 5-10% increments.

Sticking in the guides causing the roll back to operate. To test , try a dribble of washing up liquid on the guides. If it works, do a search on here as there is some stuff you can get to lube it ( not KY jelly) and I can't recall the name.

linfordfr

nardo grey
Nov 9, 2015
south yorkshire

yeah if its sticking in the guides mate chances are its the regulator as its not winding up striaght. its usually the clips that go in them. give youre dad a shout to take the door card off and have a look at the regulator clips..... forgot how many times ive done this in audis :censored: things

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.