Wet Shine Waxes

JamJay

California Bound
As above, what are my options for a nice & deep wet look? I have used Megs Carnauba wax but it doesn't last too long and doesn't gve the wet effect, I guess that's because it's only £10. I've searched quite a bit and there seems to be no conclusive answer.

On a side note, what's the AutoGlym High Def wax like? I ask as it's easy to get hold of on the high street.

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
AG's HD wax is supposed to be pretty good but for the price you'll pay on the high street there are imo better options on the net.

For a nice wet look finish at a very good price you could try PoorBoys Nattys Blue, it lasts for around 2 months (circa £15)

Collinite 476s is another superb wax which gives a nice finish but will last for 4+ months (circa £20)

Theres also the option of DoDo juice waxes which give a lovely wet finish (soft) or a slightly sharper finish (hard) and range from £6 for a 30ml "panel pot" to £80 for their top end wax SN. The normal range of waxes will last around 3-4 months and SN will last 5-8 months under normal conditions. For reference you should be able to get 3-4 layers of wax on a Leon from 1 panel pot.

http://www.waxamomo.co.uk/productcart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=24

All of the above can be found here.

HTH, Nige

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
i swear by nattys blue its not as long lasting as other waxes, collonite etc, but its piss easy to put on and take off,

you can also load quite well with it

Keano

I've always applied a few layers of Natty's blue under 2 layers of the collinite.

Bullet proof wax :D

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
As your paint is quite new I'd put a good coat of sealant on first to act as a shield, the wax is very good but doesn't really last that long and I find detailing sprays actually remove it.

On top of a good sealant I'd put the wax. I thought the normal Nattys wax was the same as the blue but without the colour?

I may be wrong, not claiming to be an expert but thats what I'd do :)

JamJay

California Bound
Cheers Adam.

My routine (3mthly) before the respray was:

Wash
Clay
Paint cleaner if required
Polish
Glaze
Seal
Wax
QD

I plan to cut out the paint cleaner & polish this time round and skip to the glaze which has very mild abrasives, seal again with JetSeal and leyer 2x coats of wax. I will top off with Red Mist this time I think, seems to be better than water based QD's and add to the protection.

JamJay

California Bound
I'm a car cleaning sl@g so I don't mind if it doesn't last 6mths as I'll always be ready to top up. I'm tempted by Megs but I don't want to be disappointed. It's a toss up betweed Dodo and Collinite.

What are the other differences between the 2 collinite waxes?

Jan 9, 2008
Sandbach
Sorry its 845 not 815.

The 815 is a liquid wax, really easy to apply and buff off.

100.jpg

Probably not the best pic but mine after 845