Wet Shine Waxes

TubbyTwo

Taking a break from JDM..
Jan 27, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
another thumbs up for Nattys Blue paste here.

My routine used to finish with PB Black Hole, followed by either Chem Guys wetlook sealant then Nattys wax or just the wax.

Both produced a dam decent long lasting shine on my MR2 :)

Cant wait to have a crack at the LCR this weekend.

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
dont be put off the DoDo waxes by the cheeky advertising the fact that they smell fantastic... they are very very good products.

like i said, the panel pots of the "normal" range are a fiver or there about so you could try one and see what you think.

also, dont worry too much about colour specific waxes, yes, they do work better on the colour they are aimed at but they wont detract from the finish.

Another superb wax is DoDo's Rubbish Boys Juiced Edition... its very easy to apply and remove and last for around 4-5 months (2 layers over a weekend). I've just done my Nayara Blue Leon with it and it looks awesome... nice and wet but with a decent metallic pop as well. Topped with Red Mist for extra durability.

TubbyTwo

Jan 27, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
After using Chem guys and poorboys from cleanyourcar.co.uk i will never go back to using anything from halfords again. meguires and autoglym just dont even come close.

yeah they cost a bit more but the decent stuff lasts ages and the finish is more than worth it.:yes:

JamJay

California Bound
I use chemical guys products for all of the preparation (polish, glaze & sealant) and they're very good. There's no mention of the Chemical Guys butter wet wax so am I to assume that it's not as good as the Dodo's or collinites?

What's the difference between Natty's original paste wax & Natty's blue? Will they achieve the same result?

Last edited:

TubbyTwo

Jan 27, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
might see if i can get a test pot. currently working through poorboys natty blue paste soft wax, supe easy to put on and take off. couple of layers give a great shine that lasts well over a month.

would highly recomend sonus paint restorer polish as well, not harsh but gives a very deep glossy shine.

my shopping list from cleanyourcar.co.uk is already getting expensive lol

JamJay

California Bound
I don't need any restorers and polishes, I have fresh paint but obviously over time, it's handy to get something mildly abrasive like a glaze on there because like it or not, imperfections will occur.

I'm so confused, why can't there be a definitive shine guide, grading one better than the other :D

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I think I might try Natty's original, unless someone tells me it's not as good as Natty's Blue?

From what I've been reading, it does give just as good a result as the blue. But you have to remember that the blue has a 'head start' by being on a dark coloured car, purely because dark cars always seem glossier than light cars.

Does that make sense?

JamJay

California Bound
From what I've been reading, it does give just as good a result as the blue. But you have to remember that the blue has a 'head start' by being on a dark coloured car, purely because dark cars always seem glossier than light cars.

Does that make sense?

Yeah it does, yellow is difficult to add depth to.

Ok Natty's Original it is, and if it's not to my liking, i'll try the Collinite. I'm not sure Dodo is worth triple the price in terms of results.

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
Ive got nattys, blue red and white, personally i find blue the best of the lot, most depth in colour, thats in relation to a flash red leon

karlw

AKA Shifty - Modded LCR
Jan 29, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
I will be doing my LCR this weekend if its nice

1. 2 bucket wash lambs wool mitt
2. Dry with microfibre (big thirsty) drying towl
3. BLow out water in any recess
4. Clay bar whole car
5, Polish with either chemical guys all in one of poor boys polish
6. Wax with Poor boys natty blue
7. Seal with Chemical guys ultra wet look shine

Once thats done ill try the wheels with chemical guys wheels guard and then exhaust with autosole. Hover out interior and treat inside with dash wipes.
Hopefully by sunday the car will look quite nice

Ill do the engine next weekend

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
Is red classed as a dark colour then? I'm wondering how it'll come out on yellow.

it might just be the placebo effect to be honest, but ive used it on both a red leon and a silver megane, and in comparison it still gave more definition than the white stuff,

you cant go wrong with either to be honest

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise