What are the differences between the facelift and pre facelift Seat Leon

blueturbo

Hi to everyone
I am in the process of looking to buy a cheap damaged low mileage mk2 leon Tdi either the pre facelift or face lift on as I have allocated the front end parts for a face lift one and plan to convert it to a a fr one with a btcc body kit (pre facelift) which I have allocated as well, but I have seen 2 possible cars one being a pre facelift and the other being a facelift one can anyone advise me if the face lift front end will fit including the front panel on the earlier one or not.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
The light clusters are slightly different on pre facelift and facelift Leon's. if you wish to put pre facelift bumpers on a facelift car you will need pre facelift headlights to go with or vice versa.

Really you'd be better getting facelift bumpers and car or pre facelift bumpers and car.

blueturbo

What about the wings bonnet, front panel and also if some one is selling or know of any cars going cheap please let us know.

Deleted member 74601

Don't forget there are engine differences as well in some cases.

blueturbo

The kit I seen is for a pre facelift will it fit a face lift one or is it just the front bumper that is slightly different and the rear one the same?

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
The kit I seen is for a pre facelift will it fit a face lift one or is it just the front bumper that is slightly different and the rear one the same?

If you want to fit Pre-facelift bumpers to a facelift you need-

Pre-facelift front Headlights

Pre-Facelift rear tailgate ( With the older style rear lights)

Then everything will fit together

Seems a bit daft to make a facelift car look like the older version though? :confused:

blueturbo

Are the rear btcc bumpers same on the facelift and preface lift, are the side skirts the same and is it just the front bumper that is different?

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
There pretty much the same. With the front bumper youll have to change your headlights. and grill if not included (loads of pre fl in ebay, or dave from sere motors ).
with rear bumper its a straight swap. Youll also have to find (or custom job) a nice exhaust backbox for your new kit with tailpipes, depending on what exhaust cut outs the rear bumper has.

hope this helps

blueturbo

Ok thanks so really it's the front bumper that is different on the facelift car are the side skirts the same or are they different as I have bought a facelift 2011 car from the guys at germancar spares.com in Sheffield they are a big car parts breaker yard for most german cars and also do some salvage cars for sale it has had a bump at the front but it will look nice once it is repaired and the price was right!!

blueturbo

Managed to source a front btcc facelift bumper from germancarspares.com they just got one I. Today but it is a bare bumper with just top grill. Are the side grills that go on the sides of the bumper all same as I have seen a set of 2 of a 2007 car part number 1P1071622 will they fit a facelift bumper?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.