What are you using...

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Auto finesse range has 20% off at Halfords do going shopping tomorrow.

I’ve probably asked before but what about rain repellent for the windscreen too.

By the way thanks @Sharpy and @Jimbobcook
I use autobrite crystal for the cleaner then rain x if I want to repel lots and lots.

But I see it's 20% of caramics as well at halfords so they do a caramics for glass with proper stuff (I'm yet to try mine) it was about £26 but I think it lasts months.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I use autobrite crystal for the cleaner then rain x if I want to repel lots and lots.

But I see it's 20% of caramics as well at halfords so they do a caramics for glass with proper stuff (I'm yet to try mine) it was about £26 but I think it lasts months.

I’ll have a look at the caramics glass stuff. I have two cars to do as MrsMaypack now wants bubbles as she calls them on her windscreen and bodywork.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Ok, we can all relax now. And ye, I know, a vacuum wouldn't go amiss.
VLfdPiH.jpg

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
I'll post pics from some detailing next few months. Will be posting alot from my full detail of my ST R when it arrive including TAC UHS ceramic coating

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I'll post pics from some detailing next few months. Will be posting alot from my full detail of my ST R when it arrive including TAC UHS ceramic coating
Make you get some shots for our forum Instagram account lol people would love to see a shiny ST R

Reactions: KernelOkey

Two90Black

Mar 3, 2019
I’ve used mainly Auto Glym over the years. Been through the majority of their products.

Currently I use the following from AG
Shampoo Conditioner
Window Polish
Super Resin Polish
Bumper & Trim gel
Vinyl & Rubber care
Tyre gel (Meguiars is better)

The other products I have started using mainly through testing and seeing that they actually work well.

Bilt Hamber Auto Foam. — Doesn’t produce a thick “stuck on” foam but it actually removes dirt and grime. Unlike some others (Gtechniq for example) that go on thick, stay for a while then just leave the dirt behind.

ProKleen Trolls Breath - Contaminant / Iron remover. Does the same as other ones, turns metal red, strips nasty bits off the car and smells just as rank as the others costing 2-3 times as much.

ValetPro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner - Can dilute down to 1/10 and does the trick. Smells pretty good too.... but wouldn’t drink it. Not acid based so doesn’t dissolve wheels or fingers.

ValetPro Citrus Pre Wash. Can dilute based on dirtiness..... of the car. Can also be used on interior (high dilution) Very good at taking dirt off a car and leaving the wax on it.

Collinite 845 Insulator Wax - Best wax I’ve used. Needs a good shake to get it flowing but once it gets moving it goes on very easily. Give it 5 minutes to flash and buff it off. Excellent water beading for a few months and an even better gloss look. After this going on a BH snowfoam and rinse cleans the paint.

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Finished my 3rd bottle of MadCow Mango Sauce interior cleaner so thought I’d try something different, now got CarPro PERL. Will have to wait for the rain to go off so I can get out and try it
a51adfcc655489e61c7f3b85173449eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Neil Francis

Jan 28, 2019
Cambridgeshire
I’ve used mainly Auto Glym over the years. Been through the majority of their products.

Currently I use the following from AG
Shampoo Conditioner
Window Polish
Super Resin Polish
Bumper & Trim gel
Vinyl & Rubber care
Tyre gel (Meguiars is better)

The other products I have started using mainly through testing and seeing that they actually work well.

Bilt Hamber Auto Foam. — Doesn’t produce a thick “stuck on” foam but it actually removes dirt and grime. Unlike some others (Gtechniq for example) that go on thick, stay for a while then just leave the dirt behind.

ProKleen Trolls Breath - Contaminant / Iron remover. Does the same as other ones, turns metal red, strips nasty bits off the car and smells just as rank as the others costing 2-3 times as much.

ValetPro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner - Can dilute down to 1/10 and does the trick. Smells pretty good too.... but wouldn’t drink it. Not acid based so doesn’t dissolve wheels or fingers.

ValetPro Citrus Pre Wash. Can dilute based on dirtiness..... of the car. Can also be used on interior (high dilution) Very good at taking dirt off a car and leaving the wax on it.

Collinite 845 Insulator Wax - Best wax I’ve used. Needs a good shake to get it flowing but once it gets moving it goes on very easily. Give it 5 minutes to flash and buff it off. Excellent water beading for a few months and an even better gloss look. After this going on a BH snowfoam and rinse cleans the paint.

I’ve just treated my car to a good polish with super resin and then waxed with collinite 845. Amazing stuff! Car is looking crazy deep wet blue.

Two90Black

Mar 3, 2019
I’ve just treated my car to a good polish with super resin and then waxed with collinite 845. Amazing stuff! Car is looking crazy deep wet blue.

[B)] Nice! Just can’t fault the Collinite. I used to use the Simoniz gold tin wax. Absolute beast to apply. Then started using Collinite. Night and day difference with application and results are superb.

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
Got my Scangrip multimatch R today and holy crap its amazing, soooo bright and alot of adjustability. Cant imagine any hobby polisher could need anything but a multimatch R and a swirlfinder pen :)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Got my Scangrip multimatch R today and holy crap its amazing, soooo bright and alot of adjustability. Cant imagine any hobby polisher could need anything but a multimatch R and a swirlfinder pen :)
Good sales pitch haha can you stop trying to spend my money... Spend @Legojon instead haha

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.