What are you using...

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
I didn't realise on some of their products you can choose the colour and smell! I hate you! Now I have about £100 of obsession stuff on my shopping list!!

With any luck i'll be on commission soon! lol!!

The snow foam is good, its not super thick and it smells quite chemically but its one of the most effective i've used, i had some bird poo on my car and it just melts it away no problems. If you use it quite concentrated it also helps to strip off wax which is useful but, i would say its not the most caring in terms of your existing protection... depends how much you like applying wax! ;)

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Been looking to try this for a while, finally picked some up yesterday. I’ll report back on the results...
a8bf20384a031dd2ee8e4023c7f7fa70.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a quick play with this today, its not ideal conditions as my car is in the sun until late afternoon.

The theory is that its easy ceramics so ill be interested to see how long the protection lasts.

You need to apply it after washing and while the car is still wet. simple enough, for the first time you spray it on and use a mircofibre to dry the car and ensure a good bond, thereafter you can just spray on and rinse off to maintain the protection... although i will likely always use the mircofibre.

its quite a greasy product and whether its the heat or the way ive applied it but I found it quite hard work to work into the paint, I ended up taking a second MF and reworking the whole car, even then there are some patches that still look a bit greasy. I suspect that the nature of the ceramic rather than anything else, I think I need another application to ensure I have good coverage.

The finish overall is good though, the paint feels very smooth and the depth is good, my car does have a good wax layer though which maybe helps.

Im not 100% if I will buy it again right now, im going to give it a bit more time and a few more applications before I decide to add it permanently to my collection but i'll let you know.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
With any luck i'll be on commission soon! lol!!

The snow foam is good, its not super thick and it smells quite chemically but its one of the most effective i've used, i had some bird poo on my car and it just melts it away no problems. If you use it quite concentrated it also helps to strip off wax which is useful but, i would say its not the most caring in terms of your existing protection... depends how much you like applying wax! ;)

Haha you should email and ask. I'll let you know after I've seen how difficult the Fusso is to apply this weekend. The Obsession wax is actually about as easy as using aqua wax. The fact you can do the whole car at once is a bonus.

Im not 100% if I will buy it again right now, im going to give it a bit more time and a few more applications before I decide to add it permanently to my collection but i'll let you know.

Pics? And will need to see your beads next time it rains. TBH, I'm not 100% sure on some products. I tried Glisten for the first time this weekend. It came out like a fine mist. And I already had two coats of wax on. So it just felt like I was spraying mist into the air. I'm not sure how much settled on the actual car. Or if I could see any discernible difference. It just felt like dissipating a tenner across the bonnet.

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Some pics, the grey one is my van, it has little protection but I did correct the paint but you can see the finish is pretty good.

b7e80c2987a9d586359e1e5e53a52cc1.jpg

4365c194af1fb9b7d0c7a4231d3d88dc.jpg

a19e3d69be03ed8b2ec910f1f1dfe2ea.jpg

b44d8b137254c53a0f575d5b794718e3.jpg

Reactions: Legojon

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
And will need to see your beads next time it rains. TBH, I'm not 100% sure on some products. I tried Glisten for the first time this weekend. It came out like a fine mist. And I already had two coats of wax on. So it just felt like I was spraying mist into the air. I'm not sure how much settled on the actual car. Or if I could see any discernible difference. It just felt like dissipating a tenner across the bonnet.

Beading pics when it rains? of course! :)

I know what you mean, this was £18 and while its a decent size bottle you do seem to waste a bit as it drifts off in the wind.... that said to the touch it does feel better so its done something.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Some pics, the grey one is my van, it has little protection but I did correct the paint but you can see the finish is pretty good.

b7e80c2987a9d586359e1e5e53a52cc1.jpg

4365c194af1fb9b7d0c7a4231d3d88dc.jpg

a19e3d69be03ed8b2ec910f1f1dfe2ea.jpg

b44d8b137254c53a0f575d5b794718e3.jpg

Wow! Not sure if it's down to the ceramics, but that is good! Can really see the depth in the colour.

Reactions: Sharpy

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Wow! Not sure if it's down to the ceramics, but that is good! Can really see the depth in the colour.

I would say that I genuinely think it has helped, the van normally looks a bit flat. It just looks better having given it a quick once over. The real test will be the Ateca as its white and white is relly hard to get any depth to, in theory ceramics will help with that so ill give it a go and see what its like.

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Well the chemical guys Butter wax arrived this morning just in time as I had just gone over the body work with a rapid detailer.

After one coat the product went on ok and came off fine. The body work was left with a sort of wet look but nowhere near the look I was after.

Having been using poorboys natty wax (blue) for the last few years I find this wax gives a much better wet look than the chemical guys butter wax.

I will probably give it a few more layers thou before I give it my final conclusion

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Applied another layer of butter wax and still not that impressed with the "wet look" that that the product is advertised as being able to achieve.
9d620eddc7dafdde06477c260e023375.jpg
afae0ed5f2ddb7539604235165b2c3a5.jpg
e26061f0ea642270c5c2fb89edebf0f8.jpg
de2b6dacbc2580db499db9acc8d0e152.jpg

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Applied another layer of butter wax and still not that impressed with the "wet look" that that the product is advertised as being able to achieve.

Love a shiny black car! Liking the reflection shots.

Not fair, I want my car to be clean and shiny! And now it's supposed to rain Sunday!! I've got high hopes for the Fusso. If I ever get to try it!

Reactions: Brimfull

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Love a shiny black car! Liking the reflection shots.

Not fair, I want my car to be clean and shiny! And now it's supposed to rain Sunday!! I've got high hopes for the Fusso. If I ever get to try it!
Thanks, the butter wax certainly adds some depth to the black but lacks the wet look for my liking.

I have had a lot of black cars over the years, once you get the paint sorted they do look awesome but the paintwork can go and look tired very quickly if you don't keep on top of it.

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
Used the detailed online wax the other night while removing a bird bomb from the wife's bonnet. Really like the wax, went on well, beads well and only £18 delivered (mine was a custom split colour).

39afa5e0fefdc97c6dc7a8b35d5d3322.jpg
fe6681b862030be26492a51408b7fcb5.jpg
0acda7c1b62af15560a8f68e53a0d971.jpg

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sharpy and Legojon

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Okay.. so last post for now on the megs ceramic wax... done the wife’s white Ateca today... how dees too deep?

2b7d342dcc2146481582a982ec9bed7f.jpg

Reactions: Maypack

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Okay as requested... some beading shots. What I will say it’s it sheets very well, so the beading is not as good as I’ve seen from waxes but now it’s rained I think the finish is even better...

8b2453b306e665fac0911651b70cf25a.jpg

0cde193b6bebd03803d9979c77579859.jpg

ed7f0deb4d3686ea4dfa63d2c0fea061.jpg

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I'm loving the beads... especially as it rained this morning and I walked past SL1 and just thought "meh". Got the Fusso on standby for tomorrow morning. I've already sorted my polishes and waxes alphabetically by brand ready.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I'm loving the beads... especially as it rained this morning and I walked past SL1 and just thought "meh". Got the Fusso on standby for tomorrow morning. I've already sorted my polishes and waxes alphabetically by brand ready.
Washing the car for me is a 2 day thing lol first day is deciding what to use and putting them in order for ease the next day in some form of ceremony lol then 7 or 8 hours doing a full clean the next day in hope that I get the wax on before it rains.

So you shouldn't clean the car in direct sunlight and it's not ideal to clean it in the rain... How many days in the year do we get a cloudy day when it doesn't rain and its your day off...

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Washing the car for me is a 2 day thing lol first day is deciding what to use and putting them in order for ease the next day in some form of ceremony lol then 7 or 8 hours doing a full clean the next day in hope that I get the wax on before it rains.

So you shouldn't clean the car in direct sunlight and it's not ideal to clean it in the rain... How many days in the year do we get a cloudy day when it doesn't rain and its your day off...

It's annoying cause I looked out the window at work all last week and the sun was shining. Get to the weekend and rain Sunday/Monday... did get some maintenance bits n pieces done even if I did have to stand out in the rain!!

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
I use poorboys black hole. Can use it in the sunshine and rain beads off car for weeks after.
My cars are dark but not had a black car for years. Can’t recommend it enough.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.