What are you using...

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
The trapping under the tyre does happen more than you think when you look back on how many times you have to sort it out...

Reactions: kanyewest

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
The trapping under the tyre does happen more than you think when you look back on how many times you have to sort it out...

Yeah totally its annoying so hopefully these solve the issue. I'll report back once I know!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
haha! its raining... and cold... probably Friday. Need to also plan in some time for a full detail ahead of the meet as well.
I have let the wife know the car will be out of action from cleaning till the meet once I get some weather nearer the Time lol

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
as far as i know, its:

wet car, spray on aqua coat then rinse off and dry
Aquacoat, if you mean Autoglym is spray on buff off with a microfibre. You want Wet coat for spray on rinse off (other products available)

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
So my current routine for the car is lazy, as she is well protected and is as follows -

Wax Planet 7/8 below snow foam (only 20ml in the Lance)
Maxed Power wheel cleaner on the wheels
50 cal Tracer shampoo (smells so good)
Then a spray sealent

I use harvested rain water so I don't even need to dry the car after, so lazy these days.

Car had a 2 stage machine polish over the summer and only do a couple of thousand miles a year so doesn't get dirty. IV got Fusso on the wheels and then a different wax on each panel. The ones I can remember are Fireball Fusion, Wowos Nanocoat, Wax Planet Jet Black, Wax Planet Armageddon then I'm not sure . . .

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Power maxed snowfoam, power maxed shampoo, wizards of detailing polish, chemical guys jet seal and poorboys natty paste wax

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
could you imagine how much money youd guys would make detailing cars for charity? if you had your own, freshly cleaned cars on display, youd get more than women dressed in bikinis!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
anyone ever used aquapel?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?LH_BIN=1&_nkw=Aquapel&_sop=15

this looks easy to apply, especially for someone as useless as me. my plan B is seeing if i can pay anyone on here to apply gtechniq g1 (or at least g5) to my windows :stars:
May I ask what is up with your windows that you need something like this? Is it for inside or outside?

I find I don't have any issues using my normal wash stuff...

Just wondering if there's something easier you can do...

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
May I ask what is up with your windows that you need something like this? Is it for inside or outside?

I find I don't have any issues using my normal wash stuff...

Just wondering if there's something easier you can do...

the main reason i wanted this stuff was for my back windscreen as the washer was broke. i have fixed it (and can see out of the back now) but would love a back up in case it goes again. the other reason is because of the (not-quite) rain in my area, its like drizzle but thicker? anyway there is a significant enough amount to warrant a faster wiper speed than the first setting, but not enough for the second!really bothers me and distracts me. my vision is impared on the first setting and the wipers are working too hard on the second. with some repellent i wont have to worry about wipers depending on the speed im travelling.

id also like some rain repellent on my side windows as currently they just bead up and dont clear until i hit 45+. which bring me on to the wing mirror. these guys bead up soo badly and i usually just have to wipe them with a tissue because the water doesnt budge

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
On a related note... I’ve just ordered a paint thickness gauge, getting quite a few people asking for detailing work doing and it’s an added tool to monies the risk of a strike through or similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
On a related note... I’ve just ordered a paint thickness gauge, getting quite a few people asking for detailing work doing and it’s an added tool to monies the risk of a strike through or similar.

I looked at these but you'd never know how thick the primer is will you? Or is there a way of finding out... I'd love to know if it's safe for me to machine polish lol

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
No, you can get ones that give you an idea of each layer but they’re are bonkers expensive. What looking for is areas of inconsistency.

So I’ll take a couple of calibration readings from areas not often heavily polished it repaired like door slams, that gives a base reading, then a number of readings from across each panel, if you get a really low reading in one area you might choose to be a bit more careful there, a high reading in one area might suggest a repair so it’s not eliminating risk just giving an idea of what’s going on across the paint.

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
If it’s arrived by the meet I’ll bring it along.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.