What caliper is this?

dicky FR

Jul 26, 2009
Ebbw Vale, South Wales
Hi,

Ordered a set of ibiza cupra calipers from a breakers, when i spoke to them they said it was the seat sport item from the mk4 cupra however what I have recieved are some 1 pot lucas calipers, just wondering if anyone could pinpoint what car there acctualy from so I have something to tell them when I ring to complain

The caliper looks huge its a 1 pot lucas caliper and the carrier is part of the caliper simulair to tha acctual seat sport ones.

The few details i found on the caliper are:

Lucas, g328, 32327385/4

Thanks in advance for any help.

ljpacey

aka captin slow!!
Jan 19, 2009
could it be the ones off the tt? cose i ant got a clue? i looked on google for ya and dint find much

dicky FR

Jul 26, 2009
Ebbw Vale, South Wales
could it be the ones off the tt? cose i ant got a clue? i looked on google for ya and dint find much

same here ive searched about and found nothing, I always thought the tt calipers used a carrier where as these dont they bolt straight onto the hub and they look massive but ive never seen a tt caliper in the metal so to speak so i cant really say much. Im not really happy eiter way since its the cupra seat sport calipers I was after so Ill contact the breaker tommorow, I payed via credit card anyway so if they wont accept its there mistake I can easily send them back and claim the money back via my bank.

dicky FR

Jul 26, 2009
Ebbw Vale, South Wales
Pics:

09122009076.jpg

09122009077.jpg

09122009075.jpg

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Thats a standard 288mm Lucas caliper. In fact by the green paint under the red i'd say that started out life on a Fabia vRS. Got about four sets in my garage kicking about, not worth much.

dicky FR

Jul 26, 2009
Ebbw Vale, South Wales
Ok thanks alot been very helpfull :) ill get onto them now.

Edit:
I was just wondring if anyone know what my rights are here they have said theyll give me a refund due to it being wrong but do you think I would be able to claim postage from them because they said they were supplying the cupra parts and have obviously sent the wrong ones which isnt my fault?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.