What car should I purchase

zaks54321

Apr 3, 2016
Hi, I am 17 years old and hoping to pass my driving test very soon. I am very fortunate as I have a good job with a steady income. I have narrowed my options down to three cars:

Seat ibiza fr 2016 1.2 tsi
Audi a1 s-line 2014 1.2 tsi
Audi a3 sport 2013 1.2 tsi

I would appreciate anyone's opinions on which car I should purchase.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

hemsies

Apr 2, 2016
At that age, whether you can afford it or not, I stay away from the A3, and potentially Audi all together...

Repairs/ maintenance are guaranteed to cost a fair amount more, and you're only really paying for a little added luxury. I imagine you'll be getting the same / very similar engine for each of those cars.

Then again i'm just biased because I don't particularly like the small Audis...

zaks54321

Apr 3, 2016
Thanks for your views hemsies, is there a particular reason you don't like the audis?

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
Audi cars are ok.but are little bit more expencive.mate has 08 a4 b8 fully loaded,and broken webasto,b&o amplifier.total cost over 1k € for repair.
A1 is very small car.
A3 is biger,like golf.
I would go with ibiza.for a first car is just filne.

vag familia

zaks54321

Apr 3, 2016
Thanks for the replies I'd like to add that I'll be financing the vehicle for four years so I'll have it it for quite a long time and the pandas not my cup of tea :)

zaks54321

Apr 3, 2016
My budget is £2000 deposit and around £180 a month, please feel free to mention any other decent cars that fall into this price bracket thanks

hemsies

Apr 2, 2016
Thanks for your views hemsies, is there a particular reason you don't like the audis?

I just see them as a more flashy brand where your paying a lot for the badge. Basically you just don't get as much car for your money.

The A3 will do the same thing as the Ibiza, probably in a slower/similar time. I guess it's whether you want to spend the extra on all the fancy interiors. You'll probably get very similar performance out of all 3, depending where the manufacturers have set their engine restrictions.

The Ibiza is for people who want good amount of car for their money, Audi if you can afford to fork out more for the same/less amount of performance.

Guess i just get the feeling small Audi's are just trying too hard to be something their not. Only time i'd consider it is I were rich enough to get the RS7 and tune the balls out of it.

Thats just me though...

hemsies

Apr 2, 2016
Also dont forget, you're on a Seat enthusiast forum, I dont know how many people will back Audi's on here, when a Seat is an option!

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
Suzuki swift sport ?

I wish I hadn't tied myself into 4yr finance so young, I bought a C2 VTS and I was bored with it after 2 years, ended up keeping it and buying a 2nd car with more tuning scope!

You should be able to find a fiesta ST for £2k + £180 a month

zaks54321

Apr 3, 2016
Hi lajohnz the insurance on a suzuki swift and fiesta st is just too much for me if insurance wasn't a problem I'd pay a bit more and would get a ibiza cupra :)

zaks54321

Apr 3, 2016
Lajohnz na mate I'm looking for a newish car with the least maintenance as possible

zaks54321

Apr 3, 2016
who.i.am I prefer the ibiza to the polo but with my budget I could get a 2014 golf 1.2 tsi

zaks54321

Apr 3, 2016
What do you guys think of the Ford focus zetec s 1.0 2015?

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
We have at work brand new ford transit and courier..no colour screen,no navi.
My vote still goes for golf/ibiza

vag familia

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.