What centre pipe?

Lewis_B

Sep 8, 2011
Middlesbrough/Coventry
Hi, I have a Mk2 GTi 16v, what pipe do I need to either: De silence(?) the exhaust system, or decat and de-silence it. Ebay seems to be dead, no luck finding a straight through pipe

Any help is appreciated

Lewis

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Place in nuneaton Lewis, Custom Chrome, will mod yours to straight through, I think it's £90 mate.

Did it for my Bora, spot on, good guys, and they make exhaust tips for Jaguar Land Rover, so know their stuff :)

Lewis_B

Sep 8, 2011
Middlesbrough/Coventry
Place in nuneaton Lewis, Custom Chrome, will mod yours to straight through, I think it's £90 mate.

Did it for my Bora, spot on, good guys, and they make exhaust tips for Jaguar Land Rover, so know their stuff :)

Cheers for the reply Suj, good man. Will be giving them a bell probably come christmas then. Was thinking of whacking one on as it will sound meaty :p

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda

That sounds cheap, is that including the down pipe and all the way to the rear?

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Cheers for the reply Suj, good man. Will be giving them a bell probably come christmas then. Was thinking of whacking one on as it will sound meaty :p

No problem dude, drop me a PM near the time, I will get you some more discount, you need to know the secret handshake lmao

That sounds cheap, is that including the down pipe and all the way to the rear?

They will remove the old downpipe and cut out old cat, and weld in straight pipe, and put back on.

But you can get an option for a flange to be welded onto pipe/cat so you can swap over if needed ;) but is more expensive naturally.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
They will remove the old downpipe and cut out old cat, and weld in straight pipe, and put back on.

But you can get an option for a flange to be welded onto pipe/cat so you can swap over if needed ;) but is more expensive naturally.

If only it was that easy, mine aint straight, it comes in at the top and out at the bottom if you know what I mean. It's all irrelevent though as that company are miles away from me lol.:D

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
My Bora one was bent to, they made a new one to similar shape of OEM but decatted ;)
(By "straight pipe" I don't meant literally lol, I mean without cat ;) )

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
with lifetime warranty on their work (to the car, not owner) and the fact most places charge £30-40 just for removing/fitting...i'd say it is ;)

And the difference it made on my Bora, more then happy.
I guess everyone is different ;)

Lewis_B

Sep 8, 2011
Middlesbrough/Coventry
No problem dude, drop me a PM near the time, I will get you some more discount, you need to know the secret handshake lmao

ROFL! Swweet, well ill be seeing you a week tomorrow then I assume :p

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
I've already removed my cat but can't say I notice any difference, I think some of them are just a bit clogged up which is why they can make a difference.

I would prefer a custom built down pipe though rather than my botched job :D

hairypothead

Nov 28, 2011
chezy derbyshire
im prity shure that u could get 1 off ebay for about £20-30 for a mk3 golf as there just a flange with a pipe welded to it and it should work as its the same engine its just gettin it on or should i say gettin the cat off its not gona be fun but its gettin done after mot time even thow i could get a pass without a cat :p

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members