What colour?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
lol@ glyn.

I was kinda thinking of masking with a big piece of paper :) but I can see the logic in not doing it.

It won't be the be all & end all since it'll be going 5 stud soon anyway (Leon Cupra Multispokes) this is just a tidying exercise since the brake dust on the front is really bad.

I think i'll try some 'nitromors' (once I work out what it is) - hopefully it won't chew the tyres that are on there.

hopkinsgm

Do-doo-be-do-do-dooo
May 25, 2001
Swindon (occasionally)
Visit site
Nitromors - AKA klingon death goo (well, it is round our way anyway...). Comes in a rectangular green tin from all good DIY stores (and lots of bad ones too). Read the instructions. Works best in if you use several light applications rather than slapping it on with a trowel. Try not to get it on your hands. And definitely keep it out of your eyes.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
i reckon polished fronts and balck behind, or a nice anthracite like the superlegras come in. witht he OZ stickers put on again over the top.

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
hopkinsgm said:
Nitromors - AKA klingon death goo (well, it is round our way anyway...). Comes in a rectangular green tin from all good DIY stores (and lots of bad ones too). Read the instructions. Works best in if you use several light applications rather than slapping it on with a trowel. Try not to get it on your hands. And definitely keep it out of your eyes.

Yeh it stings when you get it in your eyes:blink:

Proper stings.....

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
hopkinsgm said:
ps Leon Multispokes? There's some kind of irony in the fact that you must be one of the laziest slags I know and yet you always fit the wheels that need the most cleaning... [jk] ;)

Cheap, plentiful supply, right size & width etc - and if I clean them & wax em it shouldn't be too bad to jetwash off.

I'll see if I can get a pic of the surface later, and show how thick the crap on the surface is!

Revo Kev

www.onlyrevo.com
Feb 24, 2003
www.onlyrevo.com
Make it easy for yourself... decide to have three white(ish) wheels and one 3/4s white and 1/4 paintless. That way when you decide you can't be arsed to do it anymore you've got the look you decided on regardless!

warren_cox

Back from the dead
have a painting party and invite friends round to paint the wheels

or replace them for these

trims.jpg

Steelies with plastic spinner caps, the discerning choice

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Have bought some Nitromors now

It's been too cold to have a play tonight. But I've been thinking alot about colours, and styles

I'll try & wet & dry a spoke, but I'm not really one to spend a lot of time doing something.... but polished might be cool (on the spoke)

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
paint each spoke a different colour and have all of em :)

thansk stu - i want pie now as well

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
c'mon - I don't want it to look **** :)

I think G was trying to 'out sarcasm' me. he will lose.

I'm hoping I can use nitromors to loosen teh paint, then attack with my jetwash, this should be quicker :)

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
Mark if you leave the nitromors on long enough, and put extra coats on then the jetwash should work. Just where goggles and jet was on the road or something becuase the nitromors will eat you and grass etc.

hopkinsgm

Do-doo-be-do-do-dooo
May 25, 2001
Swindon (occasionally)
Visit site
Suggest nitromors and a nice sharp scraper will yield better results (and be tidier). After the nitromors starts eating in, the surface should start to crack up and generally resemble a lunar landscape - it should then be possible to start getting the scraper under the paint and it'll come off fairly easy. Don't pull all the ends right off if you need to do another application - if you can get it under a rough edge, it'll work soooooo much better.

As an aside... aren't OZ's usually powder coated rather than painted in the traditional sense?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.