What did you and your MK2 do today?

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Hopefully you will give us a try. Unfortunately insurers who have large numbers of policyholders will always have a small percentage of customers who are unhappy for some reason.
Regards,
Dan.

Hi Dan,

My problem is with the fact that Adrian Flux are simply a broker, I’d rather know as to who’s covering me in the event of an accident. I have heard numerous stories of the problems faced once having an accident and having gone through Adrian Flux as a broker.

Although true that you can always find negative comments, Adrian Flux seems to stand out as having gained plenty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Went to go for the big clean and a bit of 1 on 1 time but I pick the day when the heavens open... So sorted out my shelf in the garage which is growing bit by bit.
Also realised I have 40 microfiber cloths, 10 applicator pads and 4 towels haha is that normal?

View attachment 1149

What do you make of the meguires over autoglym wax? I’m using some triple wax dismond wax at the moment and it’s ok but there’s better out there.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
my other halfs Fiesta took me 6 hours for an external clean...

A mate of mine once took 28 hours detailing an Ibiza I once owned . He then took 7 hours just clay barring the front wing of his Fabia VRS. He’s very OCD!!

I need some applicator pads for my collection. I don’t have enough. Saying that some Microfibres wouldn’t go amiss too.

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Going from 105 to around 145, that’s £200 extra with mainstream insurers, insurance is up for renewal at the minute. Had a look at Adrian Flux but reviews aren’t good and I don’t trust them. Tried Chris Knott I think its called, you need to have a years experience under your belt with a car of the same BHP or higher.

Sky insurance, reviews again aren’t good. Esure is coming out at the best price from the main stream insurers.

About £80 less after adding the Mrs, esure comes out at £655 for the year with a remap, window tints, paint. Includes legal cover, no claims protection, courtesy car etc....

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
What do you make of the meguires over autoglym wax? I’m using some triple wax dismond wax at the moment and it’s ok but there’s better out there.

I have only used the Meguires Wax so far and it did pretty good (left some nice water beading), looking at getting some Collinite as that seems to do the trick but may take a little more work as it's a paste.

A mate of mine once took 28 hours detailing an Ibiza I once owned . He then took 7 hours just clay barring the front wing of his Fabia VRS. He’s very OCD!!

I need some applicator pads for my collection. I don’t have enough. Saying that some Microfibres wouldn’t go amiss too.
That's insane! You should order some cloths and pads now in case you forget haha

Reactions: saveoursouls

Deleted member 103408

About £80 less after adding the Mrs, esure comes out at £655 for the year with a remap, window tints, paint. Includes legal cover, no claims protection, courtesy car etc....

Ouch, I presume you are young. I am paying 30% less (granted me as the only driver) and I went from stage 1 to 3 with all the hardware that goes with it.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I have only used the Meguires Wax so far and it did pretty good (left some nice water beading), looking at getting some Collinite as that seems to do the trick but may take a little more work as it's a paste.

That's insane! You should order some cloths and pads now in case you forget haha

Try some Adams Buttery Wax. Awesome stuff imo. Easy to apply and great beading.

Think I just might just order some pads and microfibres. lol

Sturtz1987

Nov 18, 2015
Ayrshire
Going from 105 to around 145, that’s £200 extra with mainstream insurers, insurance is up for renewal at the minute. Had a look at Adrian Flux but reviews aren’t good and I don’t trust them. Tried Chris Knott I think its called, you need to have a years experience under your belt with a car of the same BHP or higher.

Sky insurance, reviews again aren’t good. Esure is coming out at the best price from the main stream insurers.

I'm on to my second year with Adrian Flux, got all my mods insured. Filter, exhaust, map, single mass, suspension, polybushes, anti roll bars etc and I've been happy so far. Also can get flexi Drive if over 25 so fully comp to drive your mates cars etc up to value if around £20k I'm sure.

I would defo give them a chance.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
I'm on to my second year with Adrian Flux, got all my mods insured. Filter, exhaust, map, single mass, suspension, polybushes, anti roll bars etc and I've been happy so far. Also can get flexi Drive if over 25 so fully comp to drive your mates cars etc up to value if around £20k I'm sure.

I would defo give them a chance.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Have you had to make any claims?

Deleted member 103408

I dunno, depends on what you consider young. 31 with 9 years no claims.

I don't consider that young but a lot of cash does the mrs need to be insured. and of course post code plays a part.

I would give AF a call and if they can give you a better quote ask who the insurance company is and they will walk you through the policy details first.

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
I don't consider that young but a lot of cash does the mrs need to be insured. and of course post code plays a part.

I would give AF a call and if they can give you a better quote ask who the insurance company is and they will walk you through the policy details first.

It’s cheaper with the Mrs on, you have me wondering as to why you see it as expensive. I had a Toyota Yaris last, last year it was £350 for the year and this year it would have been £550. Insurance prices have gone up for everyone this year.

It can’t hurt to give them a call.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012

I'm a little bit older than you with a cupra r and 2 years no claims (bad side of a company car as I was on 10) and mine is only £380 with the better half insured...

Do you live near a chop shop or something for your premium to be so high lol

Deleted member 103408

Mine is a third cheaper and i have a large amount of mods all declared including two sets of wheels but i am older.

that's why i think its expensive but location and occupation may count against you.

Anyway give all the guys on here a call it cost nothing and might save you some cash.

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Mine is a third cheaper and i have a large amount of mods all declared including two sets of wheels but i am older.

that's why i think its expensive but location and occupation may count against you.

Anyway give all the guys on here a call it cost nothing and might save you some cash.

I imagine it’s location as my partners insurance is pretty much the same as mine. She has 11 years no claims and drives a 1.6 Vauxhall Zafira. I know which car I’d rather be driving

We live in a busy and sought after commuter village in Manchester, areas nice but we do have a council estate not far from us. Imagine being in a city and on the outskirts of an estate bumps up prices quite a bit. I’ve never had any problems in this area but of course insurers base pricing on averages.

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
I imagine it’s location as my partners insurance is pretty much the same as mine. She has 11 years no claims and drives a 1.6 Vauxhall Zafira. I know which car I’d rather be driving

We live in a busy and sought after commuter village in Manchester, areas nice but we do have a council estate not far from us. Imagine being in a city and on the outskirts of an estate bumps up prices quite a bit. I’ve never had any problems in this area but of course insurers base pricing on averages.

Looking at this list: https://www.which.co.uk/news/2018/04/revealed-the-most-expensive-areas-to-buy-car-insurance/

Manchester is one of the most expensive areas for insurance. Out of interest where are you guys from?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Lincolnshire coast, which is where people come to retire ( :) )
My grandma lives in cleethorpes and I used to work in Market Rasen which isn't really Lincolnshire coast I know lol I remember when I first went there about 6 years ago and they didn't have the ability to use cards in their pubs lol

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.