What did you and your MK2 do today?

Deleted member 103408

Well when the govt suggested getting rid of 1p and 2p coins the TV Went mad with all the 2p machine owners complaining it would kill the seaside so somebody in London does not like them.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
That annoying point when your half way washing your car and your next door neighbour starts mowing their lawn...

It was nearly a walking down moment.

Anyway car in the garage to dry down and Meguires ultimate compound on and off, ready for tomorrow for a clay bar, polish and wax. The joy or detailing... Trying to clean the car when the sun's not out haha.

Cheers

Reactions: DannyallenFR

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
Me and my Leon drove to the garage today hopefully for the last time to fix the mechanical problems

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Me and my Leon drove to the garage today hopefully for the last time to fix the mechanical problems

Good luck.

Me on the other hand have been sweating immensely lol getting there!

IMG-20180805-WA0000.jpeg

Reactions: DannyallenFR

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Got some bits...

Got some cleaning stuff, tool bag which is now a detailing bag, small plastic draws for decals etc, big plastic draws for microfiber cloths etc, ultra fine steel wool for the exhaust, more applicator pads and an auto finesse 1200gsm drying towel then some Autobrite wax off x2, citrus pre wash, purple rain x2 and I love watermelon smell so got that for giggles.

IMG_20180810_150814-1856x1044.jpg

IMG-20180810-WA0008-1856x3299.jpeg

IMG_20180810_152320-1856x1044.jpg

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
We came back from the garage today after 7 days all working splendid but no complimentary clean

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I would love that!! I have tried but useless lol I have just ordered a cupra r diffuser and spoiler for her as a treat lol

Bit of a trek from up north to the Midlands to clean your car lol you got the exhaust to match the diffuser yet? You copying my car haha

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
Bit of a trek from up north to the Midlands to clean your car lol you got the exhaust to match the diffuser yet? You copying my car haha
Nah not got the exhaust yet just collecting parts for now I would love your car but I just dont get paid enough i use mine for work and when sober enough weekends I spoke with linfordfr about the exhaust and diffuser I have ordered same as him and maybe soon I will be taking a trip down to meet him for some help fitting it..... lol he's pointed me in the direction of some1 to see for the exhaust.

Deleted member 103408

I am only talking about the outside as the inside need to be rebuilt over time.

You are always welcome to a ride in the old girl

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Passenger ride in your car lol it takes a while though...ive not physically managed to do the outside and inside in one day without dying...
Just curious if youve had to top your oil up in your cupra r?

Deciding the next engined car i want

A 2.0tfsi cdl or the new cupra 280/90 with the tsi engine

My bwj was a bit oil hungry but had no blue smoke.

Only thing is the mk2 cupra unlike audi/vw/skoda which had a top up oil light

bagged fr , k1 rep , 19s

Deleted member 103408

Jimbob saw this today and thought of you

Wrong color but I know you are looking for some new wheels.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Outside will do I will show you what 36mpg looks like
You sure you can confirm 36mpg... That's some serious numbers you're talking about.

I am only talking about the outside as the inside need to be rebuilt over time.You are always welcome to a ride in the old girl
This is true, you can walk round the pond whilst you wait lol

Just curious if youve had to top your oil up in your cupra r?

Deciding the next engined car i want

A 2.0tfsi cdl or the new cupra 280/90 with the tsi engine
Currently I've been checking oil every week and not had to top up yet (full service done in October last year) I guess it's all down to body shape.. I had the cash to get a MK3 but went for my MK2 as I preferred the shape, that's what I like about this sort of forum as everyone is has their own little projects. This car has been solid since I got it.

Snap!! Got exactly the same tool bag for my detailing bag. Great addition.
Bargin as it's only £12 lol it seems great minds do think alike.

Jimbob saw this today and thought of you
Wrong color but I know you are looking for some new wheels.
Indeed I am but maybe they are a little out there for me lol where did you see this? In person or just on the net? Got a few peoples opinions and it's currently 3 to 1 that are pro changing.

Cheers

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.