What did you and your MK2 do today?

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
This sounds like a task worthy of a guide lol

It’s been pretty easy so far in that the fabric part of the door just pulls off as one piece. The other half has started the drivers side for me, involved cutting a piece larger than needed and then sticking on with spray glue then glueing the edges with super glue.

Need to get some more glue tomorrow but I’ll certainly try to take some photos whilst it’s being done as to post a guide

So far the faux black leather looks a dam site better than the grey fabric it’s gone over.

2f489a82aa9dd8e80c7791838112a815.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Does anyone have an idea where to buy a leather or fake leather steering wheel cover that you need to sew on the wheel? For the pre facelift version

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Z2 Pro met Tapatalk

Could you not just get some material and sew it on? You have me thinking now, I could do this with the left over fabric.

Reactions: HansNL

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Well you tell it like it's a piece of cake ... Let me know if that's true

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Z2 Pro met Tapatalk

Ahaha, I’m sure it’s not but I imagine that with the correct material and the know how that it would be pretty easy. Like anything I imagine, sometimes it’s not worth the learning curve and effort to get it done correctly.

If you find any, let me know! I don’t like the feel of the rubber steering wheel.

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Got the drivers side cloth panel done today, was a tight fit with the additional material but got there after some patience. Can’t take all the credit mind, my partner fitted the new fabric.

Before:

a21dd8799c4b8c79749b1a8d40267e9e.jpg

After:

d3387b7a70005a0fe0f36614f60a14cd.jpg

Transforms the look of the doors if you ask me, I’ve never been a fan of the grey cloth and I think the black looks a lot better almost as if it should have been fitted like that at the factory.

Only another three to go

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
How much to make my Desire Red Cupra bead that good?

It has to be able to maintain that level of beading all year round

Are you that good lol

I've only just started doing this sort of thing properly but I guess it's me taking all day to just do the external that makes the difference.

Time, patience and a lot of 1200gsm buffing towels haha

Reactions: Maypack

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Just booked in for an MOT on the 4th, she's got a good clean planned if she passes... If not then she's in the garage till i've got over it lol

Cars have feelings too :roflmao:
I think so, karma is in all things. You treat something like rubbish then it will get it's own back.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Could tell on my drive to work this morning that it was interior cleaning day yesterday. 1:- sliding round on the leather seats and 2:- :censored: I've gone an applied vinyl n rubber to the steering wheel and handbrake again!!!

Reactions: CustardKing93