What did you and your MK2 do today?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Could tell on my drive to work this morning that it was interior cleaning day yesterday. 1:- sliding round on the leather seats and 2:- :censored: I've gone an applied vinyl n rubber to the steering wheel and handbrake again!!!
Sorry but that actually made me laugh lol

I'm waiting to do that lol you need to do a cleaning checklist and just put it in as a note haha

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Sorry but that actually made me laugh lol

I'm waiting to do that lol you need to do a cleaning checklist and just put it in as a note haha

Handbrake doesn't sound like a bad thing. Until your hand slips off it at every set of lights. Luckily I stopped short of the accelerator pedal (although I did coat the right hand foot rest - which is now rendered useless).

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Handbrake doesn't sound like a bad thing. Until your hand slips off it at every set of lights. Luckily I stopped short of the accelerator pedal (although I did coat the right hand foot rest - which is now rendered useless).
This is making my morning as it's stuff I do, knowing i'm not the only one makes me happy.

How long did you spend on the interior?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
How long did you spend on the interior?

I really wished you hadn't asked that. I assign a weighting to the interior based on how often the space is sat in. So I don't clean the whole interior every time I do it. After all, no point in doing the back seats / mats when noones sat there. The passenger seat gets about 1/7th use of the drivers seat. So this weekend was dash, controls, drivers seat, front door cards. So all in all only took around 45 mins!

I gave the drivers seat an Autoglym leather cleaning (which I think is about the same as a wet cloth - but still). Then I treat it with the leather balm. Trub is with leather seats, it's near impossible to get out without crushing the bolsters!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I really wished you hadn't asked that. I assign a weighting to the interior based on how often the space is sat in. So I don't clean the whole interior every time I do it. After all, no point in doing the back seats / mats when noones sat there. The passenger seat gets about 1/7th use of the drivers seat. So this weekend was dash, controls, drivers seat, front door cards. So all in all only took around 45 mins!

I gave the drivers seat an Autoglym leather cleaning (which I think is about the same as a wet cloth - but still). Then I treat it with the leather balm. Trub is with leather seats, it's near impossible to get out without crushing the bolsters!
Haha i'm now so glad I asked!

You do put some effort in before you've even started lol Yeah my back seats are there to look pretty... I don't trust many people to sit there with the glass black against their knees haha

I've got a full interior clean coming up next week I think, probably going to go completely over board again and spend a silly amount of time on it.

The bolsters should move on a slide downwards so you can get out normally lol mine don't look too bad currently.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I don't trust many people to sit there with the glass black against their knees haha

I've got a full interior clean coming up next week I think, probably going to go completely over board again and spend a silly amount of time on it.

The bolsters should move on a slide downwards so you can get out normally lol mine don't look too bad currently.

Strangely, although noone sits in the back, I've still managed to get a footprint on the rear passenger seat you've now reminded me of grrrrr. Forgot to remove it. Although I did do the greasy fingerprint on the bonnet!

If I clean the lot, leather seats included it usually only takes me about 2.5 hours. I interior shampoo all the door cards and plastics and then vinyl n rubber them back up. Trouble is, it's addictive, especially when bits of grey starting turning black as you coat them. Before you know it your sliding into the footwell.

I must have a fat a$$ cause mine look awful. If money was no option, as much as I like the leather seats, I'd grab some Recaro's for the front.

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Peeled the stickers off the side

It now looks alot cleaner

Air ride will be removed and for sale this week of anyone is interested
03a9633cd6c0ded7d9c7e12806691030.jpg

bagged fr , k1 rep , 19s

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Strangely, although noone sits in the back, I've still managed to get a footprint on the rear passenger seat you've now reminded me of grrrrr. Forgot to remove it. Although I did do the greasy fingerprint on the bonnet!

I must have a fat a$$ cause mine look awful. If money was no option, as much as I like the leather seats, I'd grab some Recaro's for the front.
You need to get the shoe size off that print so you can track them down... Did you have to do the whole bonnet in case the rest of it wasn't as clean haha normally I would clean the car before going anywhere but for an MOT I think i'll leave it till after.

Mine look like this... not sure if it's good or bad lol

IMG_20180505_110457.jpg

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Still debating removing the white vinyl as im a sucker for loving a good polished paint

bagged fr , k1 rep , 19s
How long has the vinyl been on? what are the chances that the paint would be a different shade lol (only going from old cars before)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Looks like it could do with a good clean imo

I’ve never had Leather Seats before. What’s the norm with cleaning and looking after them?
Haha this was before I got Autoglym Leather cleaner and Leather balm. Just take your time I find. I'm sure there's loads more I could do but just the Leather balm and cleaner for me

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
How long has the vinyl been on? what are the chances that the paint would be a different shade lol (only going from old cars before)
Around 2 years

And thats nothing some t cut and super resin wouldnt resolve

Just dont know if id regret it as it has won me over but i do like solid well polished colours

Your doing well detailing now , thought about doing it on the side?

bagged fr , k1 rep , 19s

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Around 2 years

And thats nothing some t cut and super resin wouldnt resolve

Your doing well detailing now , thought about doing it on the side?

bagged fr , k1 rep , 19s
I personally like the contrast of the 2 colours it's unique which doesn't happen very often these days. maybe part of me wants you to keep it in case the paint is different colours haha that would bother me.

I'd love to do detailing on the side but I think I take too much time as I'm a little OCD and it would be worse with other peoples cars lol 6 hours to do the exterior isn't a day job haha be awesome though.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
You need to get the shoe size off that print so you can track them down... Did you have to do the whole bonnet in case the rest of it wasn't as clean haha normally I would clean the car before going anywhere but for an MOT I think i'll leave it till after.

Mine look like this... not sure if it's good or bad lol

IMG_20180505_110457.jpg

LOL... I managed to supress my ocd, for now. But next sunny day I'm polishing and rewaxing the whole bonnet. Mine for comparsion. Note the creases in the passenger side as well eeekk.

pXLC6oo.jpg

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
LOL... I managed to supress my ocd, for now. But next sunny day I'm polishing and rewaxing the whole bonnet. Mine for comparsion. Note the creases in the passenger side as well eeekk.

pXLC6oo.jpg
I'm not sure if we have an issue considering we're bothered about creases in our 7/8 year old leather seats haha

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I'm not sure if we have an issue considering we're bothered about creases in our 7/8 year old leather seats haha

Ye, it doesn't seem as bad in the photos as it is in my mind. Got confused as I was putting the post together and got our interiors confused LOL. That's the trub of owning the same car.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Ye, it doesn't seem as bad in the photos as it is in my mind. Got confused as I was putting the post together and got our interiors confused LOL. That's the trub of owning the same car.
You have the armrest lol I think I now have blue mats although not the same lol I like to keep you on your toes clearly haha

The fact that we both got the same car must mean we clearly know what's awesome haha I was sold when they said the paint was called speed/sprint blue haha that's got to be worth extra bhp having fast paint...

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
You have the armrest lol I think I now have blue mats although not the same lol I like to keep you on your toes clearly haha

The fact that we both got the same car must mean we clearly know what's awesome haha I was sold when they said the paint was called speed/sprint blue haha that's got to be worth extra bhp having fast paint...

Oh yeah, your so much better at spot the difference.

I was sold when I took it for a test drive, got to the national speed limit sign and nearly ended up in a field LOL.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.