What did you and your MK2 do today?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
If you put the car at the top of the drive (just 3 cars long) and let the handbrake go you would happily end up at the back of the garage through the door and half way through the wall lol it's a little steep. I can park on the road but I don't trust anyone to drive past and not kill me...

Oh... yeah, that may be an issue lol.

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Im in a dilema here

Ive removed the rear airbags and fitted the kw v1s on the rear

Im selling the car so i dont know if its best to refit the rear airbags and sell the car with the air ride or remove the air ride and fit the kws

If anyone is interested in buying the kws for what they owe me i think It be easier for me to do it that way

Would come with new top mounts and shortened drop links

bagged fr , k1 rep , 19s

Deleted member 103408

My guess is it depends on how much interest you get in the car with Air Ride vs KW's

It would seem better to sell the car with the air ride and sell KW's on there own as i suspect you will get more interest in KW's than Air Ride system. But I suspect you need to see how much interest you get in the car with air ride fitted - They look great but I suspect a much smaller set of people want a car with them fitted vs the KW's

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
My guess is it depends on how much interest you get in the car with Air Ride vs KW's

It would seem better to sell the car with the air ride and sell KW's on there own as i suspect you will get more interest in KW's than Air Ride system. But I suspect you need to see how much interest you get in the car with air ride fitted - They look great but I suspect a much smaller set of people want a car with them fitted vs the KW's
Thats what i thought as the majority would prefer a good set of coilovers as it's hassle free driving and it still would look a great car at a static height.

Only a few members on here mentioned they was interested in kw for their leons so if they was to want them it'd save me removing the fronts and all the wiring for the air management lol

bagged fr , k1 rep , 19s

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
Been a sad morning taking the parts back off the Leon got a standard exhaust due tomorrow to refit and then we're done....
64e7231f2d28694c5b7afc3ec7d88ef6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Leeoncupra

Deleted member 103408

Be nice to have a few more modders on the MK3 Section, far to many PCP owners who can only do small things to the car.
They will all transfer to the MK4 and Cupra models so I am guessing there will be some good deals to be had on high spec mk3's

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Be nice to have a few more modders on the MK3 Section, far to many PCP owners who can only do small things to the car.
They will all transfer to the MK4 and Cupra models so I am guessing there will be some good deals to be had on high spec mk3's
I could imagine the extensive modifed ones have wind deflectors and a front splitter then lol

I will join you with a big powe cupra just you see

bagged fr , k1 rep , 19s

Deleted member 103408

No wind deflectors they make to much noise so you cant hear the exhaust that you will modify.

Then there is the 4wd convertion to consider (yes I am joking but they are already out there).

And make sure your VCDS has the latest cable or get an OBD11 so you can mod the car more.

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
No wind deflectors they make to much noise so you cant hear the exhaust that you will modify.

Then there is the 4wd convertion to consider (yes I am joking but they are already out there).

And make sure your VCDS has the latest cable or get an OBD11 so you can mod the car more.
Was thinking that but would be cheaper to buy a golf r lol

bagged fr , k1 rep , 19s

Deleted member 103408

The R is a sound car but personally I prefer the Cupra as its a car you have to drive rather than the R which is more point and go, no hanging on and preying :) that you are going to make it.

Oddly a guy came on last week saying his 4wd Cupra ST is not as fast as his old 290 ST, the 4 wheel drive on the VAG Cars does take a bit of the enjoyment out of hitting it hard.

Anyway lots of lease cars (both golf and cupra) going back on the maket so I expect prices will reflect the fact that both VW and SEAT have been pricing these cars to sell and in turn then flooding the second hand market, added to which you have the MK4 out in 2019.

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
The R is a sound car but personally I prefer the Cupra as its a car you have to drive rather than the R which is more point and go, no hanging on and preying :) that you are going to make it.

Oddly a guy came on last week saying his 4wd Cupra ST is not as fast as his old 290 ST, the 4 wheel drive on the VAG Cars does take a bit of the enjoyment out of hitting it hard.

Anyway lots of lease cars (both golf and cupra) going back on the maket so I expect prices will reflect the fact that both VW and SEAT have been pricing these cars to sell and in turn then flooding the second hand market, added to which you have the MK4 out in 2019.
Mk3 cupra it is then

bagged fr , k1 rep , 19s

RnPnJ

Apr 3, 2015
2 stage machine polish. Then a coat of black hole. A coat of collinite 845. Then a layer of sonax bsd to top it off.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Won't let me, says files too big :banghead2
If it's on your phone get a picture resize app and shrink it down (has to be less than 1mb) then you should be good, there's a guide in my signature about externally hosting pics if you prefer.

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Yesterday went for a remap to find that the turbo was sticking and there was a CAM sensor issue. Pretty disappointed as you can imagine, think I’ve fixed the CAM sensor issue but can’t really tell without anyway if reading the code.

As for the turbo, I’m considering my options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Yesterday went for a remap to find that the turbo was sticking and there was a CAM sensor issue. Pretty disappointed as you can imagine, think I’ve fixed the CAM sensor issue but can’t really tell without anyway if reading the code.

As for the turbo, I’m considering my options.

Bad times! every car this an issue like this in it's life!

Hope you get it sorted soon!

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Bad times! every car this an issue like this in it's life!

Hope you get it sorted soon!

It’s one after the other at the minute lol, just had the clutch replaced as a clutch bearing went. When I first got the car I had the cambelt / waterpump changed, I have some drop links I need to sort, CAM sensor, starter motor, turbo sticking.

I think a lot of it is due to the car having been a run around for a lady owner, car was serviced on time and that was that. Now that I have it and I’m driving it a bit harder any weak points are being found.