What did you and your MK2 do today?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
2 weeks into ownership, first proper wash.. no snowfoam or wax yet.

Will be buying soon though, got a few hundred quid shopping list for detailing

Some questions though, got some grim round the rear lights, can't think of any other way to get to it than unscrew the light n wipe off?? Swirl marks? Use a light compound n wax? It's got quite a few stone chips I could try stone chip repair myself? Recommendations??

4a491448e68d0c5e0e27c0171cf94fd4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
That's a nice clean car!

Maybe worth looking here for what people use on their car. I've seen that from before on the lights but not tackled it...

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
2 weeks into ownership, first proper wash.. no snowfoam or wax yet.

Will be buying soon though, got a few hundred quid shopping list for detailing

Some questions though, got some grime round the rear lights, can't think of any other way to get to it than unscrew the light n wipe off?? Swirl marks? Use a light compound n wax? It's got quite a few stone chips I could try stone chip repair myself? Recommendations??

4a491448e68d0c5e0e27c0171cf94fd4.jpg

Do a proper job on her mate

I got myself a cheap mk4 golf to replace my leon but i even did this today on my focus (minus the machine polish)

1st i wet the car to remove loose dirt
2nd cover the car with ocd finish purple haze which is a decontaminate
3rd once the purple haze has been on i agitate it with a wash mit and rinse of
4th wash the car with soap with a microfibre sponge
5th dry the car off and then machine polish with a light cutting compound
6th quick machine polish with super resin
7th seal the paint with ocd finish velocity which is a ceramic detailer and adds extra beadingsss

Will take half a day but seriously resolves the paint and its so easy to maintain now just apply the velocity once in a while

This pic is an after but im not exeggerating when i say the water would sit so flat on the car youd have thought it soaked into the paint

Micro beading lol
27484cbcb15e9c716c5678a503977fac.jpg
ae1001e4ad4b05262d75051f013dd381.jpg
140dc12acbc7816e0957b9dc1e0b426f.jpg

bagged fr , k1 rep , 19s

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
My letter off the p.o. p.o. came today they got me God daym exceeding the motorway limit

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Driving the other half to work with a bad back (@Legojon this is what a dash should look like haha)]

I hate you so much. :harhar: Annoyingly I almost took a pic of my 11.3mpg I achieved this morning. I must have a really heavy right foot. Not that it helps me now, but I'm taking it for a carbon/injector cleaning when it hits 50k. So another 6k to go. I've tried everything else to improve the MPG.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I hate you so much. :harhar: Annoyingly I almost took a pic of my 11.3mpg I achieved this morning. I must have a really heavy right foot. Not that it helps me now, but I'm taking it for a carbon/injector cleaning when it hits 50k. So another 6k to go. I've tried everything else to improve the MPG.
How do you even get 11mpg lol do you only have 1st and 2nd on your car? I've found that the Gold GTD is the newest car that wants to try and have a bit of the Cupra R. Not having any of that.

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
How do you even get 11mpg lol do you only have 1st and 2nd on your car? I've found that the Gold GTD is the newest car that wants to try and have a bit of the Cupra R. Not having any of that.
Im similiar to the golf but i do it for humour reasons after owning my cupra...i do it on longer drives to encourage the faster car driver to boot it and use all his fuel up lol my new (but 15year old) golf pd will still average over 40mpg at triple digit speed

Reverse psychology they may have won the battle but they didnt win the war

bagged fr , k1 rep , 19s

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015

So just for reference... your on the motorway. Feet on the dash. Cruise control on. 50 miles of clear road. What speed would the cruise control be set at?

My nemesis is the BMW X5... and more recently the X6. They go nuts to get in front of me. So then I can't see anything in front cause of their wide a$$. For some reason, they think the X means its a sports car. Till we reach a set of lights.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Reverse psychology they may have won the battle but they didnt win the war

bagged fr , k1 rep , 19s
In my eyes they just lost haha I'm up for a little straight line speed from lights etc I don't mind giving the car a blow out every so often as I don't get to these days lol he just lost haha :fool:

So just for reference... your on the motorway. Feet on the dash. Cruise control on. 50 miles of clear road. What speed would the cruise control be set at?

My nemesis is the BMW X5... and more recently the X6. They go nuts to get in front of me. So then I can't see anything in front cause of their wide a$$. For some reason, they think the X means its a sports car. Till we reach a set of lights.
Erm I think it would be set at 67mph for maximum MPG haha depending on the mood and if I can bothered to fill up on the way home... my usual rule is go as fast as the person in front as long as they do the speed limit or someone goes hooning by that needs a wingman lol

Yeah Vans and the big cars are mildly annoying when in front of you as I am very much a react to 5 cars ahead instead of the one directly in front of me (unless the one in front does something odd haha)

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Erm I think it would be set at 67mph for maximum MPG haha depending on the mood and if I can bothered to fill up on the way home...

I'll try setting it to 67 for 10 or so miles and see what I get. TBH, I can get 32 nearing 33mpg on a long run anyways, so not a massive stretch if I can get it off boost.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I'll try setting it to 67 for 10 or so miles and see what I get. TBH, I can get 32 nearing 33mpg on a long run anyways, so not a massive stretch if I can get it off boost.
I don't know if it's 67mph lol that was a mild guess... 50mph is the best in 6th as most of my trips are single carriage way I get it alot.

I've got well into the 40's with mine on long trips, it's all about patience and music... I don't need to go fast whilst music is on unless someone pisses me off or I am in Cupra R need the toilet mode haha

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I don't know if it's 67mph lol that was a mild guess... 50mph is the best in 6th as most of my trips are single carriage way I get it alot.

I've got well into the 40's with mine on long trips, it's all about patience and music... I don't need to go fast whilst music is on unless someone pisses me off or I am in Cupra R need the toilet mode haha

I didn't think the gear ratio went that low in 6th. I'm starting to think there's nothing wrong with my car after all!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I didn't think the gear ratio went that low in 6th. I'm starting to think there's nothing wrong with my car after all!
I can use 6th gear at 40mph if I just cruise with no hills... I think I need a lesson on how to drive my car properly haha

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I can use 6th gear at 40mph if I just cruise with no hills... I think I need a lesson on how to drive my car properly haha

You drive like my dad! :roflmao: Wow, all these years he was right about the fuel economy.

Seriously though, at 40mph the mfd says change to 6th. But I find it labours the engine. So usually change down to 5th if I drop below 50mph.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
You drive like my dad! :roflmao: Wow, all these years he was right about the fuel economy.

Seriously though, at 40mph the mfd says change to 6th. But I find it labours the engine. So usually change down to 5th if I drop below 50mph.
I got it from my dad as he taught me to drive for the most part. I never really take note of the MFD as that assumes a flat road and optimal conditions... I feel that I know my car better than itself haha 5th doing 30mph lol we should do a passenger ride for normal driving in each others cars lol

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
we should do a passenger ride for normal driving in each others cars lol

I'll be tutting checking my watch in yours and you'll be clinging onto the door handle in mine. I think I've solved the mpg issue. :D

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I'll be tutting checking my watch in yours and you'll be clinging onto the door handle in mine. I think I've solved the mpg issue. :D
I'm all good with other people driving fast lol I have trust when it's been earned, you can tell within the first 10 seconds of fast driving if they're any good lol I don't do corners, never have...

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
Think mine needs carbon/injector cleaning. Best average right now is 31/32mpg lol mind its gets driven a fair amount and just about to hit 91000 miles on the clock. Not sure where to take it though.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Think mine needs carbon/injector cleaning. Best average right now is 31/32mpg lol mind its gets driven a fair amount and just about to hit 91000 miles on the clock. Not sure where to take it though.

Depends on where you are. I'm taking mine to r-tech.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.