Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Alll!!

Sad sad day

Quite a surprise from nowhere out of the blue

But...

Ive sold my mk2 fr!

Was horrible watching her drive off but nether the less i now have more than enough for my wedding and the rest towards my mortgage deposit so not all doom and gloom.

Even the guy laughed when he saw the mk4 golf was the replacement lol

Maybe tempted to sell the golf and get a mk1 cupra at least but who knows , if not in the future i will get a mk3 cupra once ive sorted a new house and got married

bagged fr , k1 rep , 19s

Deleted member 103408

Sad but Glad, at least you will be able to afford the wedding, You have a car to use and the Golf is a not a bad motor.

Wait till the MK4 Leon comes out then the MK3 will come down more in price

DanDiesel

In my diesel is where I'll be, chugging merrily.
Mar 17, 2005
Kent
Considering its been pretty cold and the module isn't sealed I think you're doing OK lol mines lasted a year and no issues so far... If it happens again I just open it up and put more wd40 in lol to save £156 a door it's a no brainer...

Stripped door cards again today put in a bit more WD40 and then sealed with blutac (eventually, at least 4 bits ended up at the bottom of the door! :banghead2).

They have been working without problem for 3 days now so I think (hope) it’s cured! :clap:

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Ordered a set of new bulbs after much consideration. Sticking with Halogens and these are the whitest halogen bulbs you can get with remaining legal:

501501c6632a98471d2c20936f7c1682.jpg

£22 after discount and come with free sidelights (have LED sidelights but dunno how close a match they will be.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Ordered a set of new bulbs after much consideration. Sticking with Halogens and these are the whitest halogen bulbs you can get with remaining legal:

501501c6632a98471d2c20936f7c1682.jpg

£22 after discount and come with free sidelights (have LED sidelights but dunno how close a match they will be.)

I’d be interested to know how white they are, I’m looking for some for my mk2.

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
I had withdrawal symptoms

I could go without owning a seat

So bought myself a mk1 cupra 20v turbo

Been told the colour is rare

Also has full electric leathers
Full service history
Electric powerfold mirrors
And 3 previous owners

e0e0959bc3915d640d67be31bfb814c5.jpg

bagged fr , k1 rep , 19s

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I had withdrawal symptoms

I could go without owning a seat

So bought myself a mk1 cupra 20v turbo

Been told the colour is rare

Also has full electric leathers
Full service history
Electric powerfold mirrors
And 3 previous owners

e0e0959bc3915d640d67be31bfb814c5.jpg

bagged fr , k1 rep , 19s
Good lad!

Blue is the best colour!

Glad you're back in the fold! get your butt to the meet in Jan lol

Standard 180bhp? I love the MK1 shape!

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Good lad!

Blue is the best colour!

Glad you're back in the fold! get your butt to the meet in Jan lol

Standard 180bhp? I love the MK1 shape!
Yeah stock power just got a induction kit on it

Missed driving petrol turbos and for what I paid for it im chuffed

bagged fr , k1 rep , 19s

DanDiesel

Mar 17, 2005
Kent
Not today, but yesterday, switched the car on first thing and a number off warning lights stayed illuminated. :blink:
Notably power steering, esp and tyre pressure! Turned off and on again, power steering light went out but other two stayed on for about 1 minute and then went out and have stayed out!

It was very wet yesterday morning, I don’t think my car likes getting wet!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Not today, but yesterday, switched the car on first thing and a number off warning lights stayed illuminated. :blink:
Notably power steering, esp and tyre pressure! Turned off and on again, power steering light went out but other two stayed on for about 1 minute and then went out and have stayed out!

It was very wet yesterday morning, I don’t think my car likes getting wet!
Isn't that the abs sensor...

Jay sx

Oct 9, 2016
I'm pretty sure those three warning symbols illuminate if the power has been disconnected for a period of time.

DanDiesel

Mar 17, 2005
Kent
I'm pretty sure those three warning symbols illuminate if the power has been disconnected for a period of time.

I haven’t had the battery disconnected for sure. It’s been fine since. Putting it down to “just one of those things”.

Power steering died in my Ibiza mk4 once, for half hour. Turned off and then on again and it was fine and never happened again.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Neighbours been cutting paving slabs all morning whilst I've been out in the wife's car and now the car is covered in dust... Do people not think of what their actions do...

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Neighbours been cutting paving slabs all morning whilst I've been out in the wife's car and now the car is covered in dust... Do people not think of what their actions do...

:censored: sake. Reminds me when my neighbours decided to burn a rainforest worth of paper. My driveway looked like nuclear winter the next morning.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members