What did you and your MK2 do today?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
It's in a garage and the blue you see if from a distant street light lol they only put 1 led street light for about 20 houses for some reason.

Probably cause they used an extension cable from North bham. Mine has to slum it in the driveway. And I now have a fricking cat sleeping in my undershield.

Reactions: Bedlam

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Probably cause they used an extension cable from North bham. Mine has to slum it in the driveway. And I now have a fricking cat sleeping in my undershield.
Only the best for us people in the sticks lol cats are evil!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Free ***** is always a bonus.....

Not in Brownhills it isn't :eek:

“Bird nests are protected by law, but if it’s just too inconvenient to allow the birds to carry on, it may be possible to get a licence from Scottish Natural Heritage to remove it.”

You ever played angry birds? That's what'd happen to anything nesting in my bonnet!

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
Only the best for us people in the sticks lol cats are evil!
I have a carport and i have 3 cats but only my 9 year old male black short hair tries to use the engine heat lol. A few times found the paw prints walking down the windscreen.

DanDiesel

In my diesel is where I'll be, chugging merrily.
Mar 17, 2005
Kent
This morning mine broke down after dropping my son at school. Absolutely dead as a dodo!

AA arrived and he noticed that the old battery was nowhere near enough Amps for the car. Luckily I had my new battery in the boot (I was getting it fitted tomorrow) so the chap checked it and sure enough, it was more than double the Amps of the existing one!! All fitted and car is back on the road again.

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
This morning mine broke down after dropping my son at school. Absolutely dead as a dodo!

AA arrived and he noticed that the old battery was nowhere near enough Amps for the car. Luckily I had my new battery in the boot (I was getting it fitted tomorrow) so the chap checked it and sure enough, it was more than double the Amps of the existing one!! All fitted and car is back on the road again.
Why didnt you fit it when you bought it

10/13mm spanner for nuts

13mm bolt which secures battery to the tray

5min job

leon mk1 cupra

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Been playing about with a Carista, not a huge amount to customise on the old girl but will really help with fault diagnosis and I can hopefully avoid the charges levied by garages. It should be interesting to see how much can be customised on the Ateca we have though.

Deleted member 103408

@Sharpy if you are not allready make sure you get on the Beta team (details on the Carista Thread in the MK3 Section) as I think you get more stuff sooner.

Reactions: Sharpy

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Been playing about with a Carista, not a huge amount to customise on the old girl but will really help with fault diagnosis and I can hopefully avoid the charges levied by garages. It should be interesting to see how much can be customised on the Ateca we have though.
Oh what Ateca have you got?
I bought Carista too last month and signed up for Beta, enabled a few bits and bobs.......am near York too

DanDiesel

Mar 17, 2005
Kent
Why didnt you fit it when you bought it

10/13mm spanner for nuts

13mm bolt which secures battery to the tray

5min job

leon mk1 cupra

I’m not that confident with things like batteries and wiring etc. Also had no time to get it done in the week plus the weather has been shocking the last few days.

Also, you mention a 13mm bolt holding the battery to the tray? I don’t have that.......the AA fella mentioned it too.

Last edited:

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Oh what Ateca have you got?
I bought Carista too last month and signed up for Beta, enabled a few bits and bobs.......am near York too

Got a 2.0 TDi excellence 4-Drive DSG. Great car. Made a couple of basic changes like mirror fold in first touch and left mirror drop.

It’s Nevada white, really impressed with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Got a 2.0 TDi excellence 4-Drive DSG. Great car. Made a couple of basic changes like mirror fold in first touch and left mirror drop.

It’s Nevada white, really impressed with it.

Dunno why but I can't get mirror drop to work, must be me being an old bloke :cry::cry::cry:

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Dunno why but I can;t get mirror drop to work, must be me being an old bloke :cry::cry::cry:

Ha. I’ve actually not tested it.... as I was short on time... bet it doesn’t work. I’ll check tomorrow.

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
I’m not that confident with things like batteries and wiring etc. Also had no time to get it done in the week plus the weather has been shocking the last few days.

Also, you mention a 13mm bolt holding the battery to the tray? I don’t have that.......the AA fella mentioned it too.
Honestly give it ago mate

The money you save in basic labour will more than pay for a good little socket set

I use a halfords professional 190piece and theres not a job it hasnt been able to do

What ever you loosen or remove remeber to refit and tighten lol

Lefty loosey righty tighty

leon mk1 cupra

DanDiesel

Mar 17, 2005
Kent
Honestly give it ago mate

The money you save in basic labour will more than pay for a good little socket set

I use a halfords professional 190piece and theres not a job it hasnt been able to do

What ever you loosen or remove remeber to refit and tighten lol

Lefty loosey righty tighty

leon mk1 cupra

Oh, i’ll give most jobs car related a go. Just not confident that I know what i’m doing with batteries, wiring etc.

I want to learn more stuff but it’s just time at the moment really. Didn’t have to pay to have the battery fitted by the AA so didn’t lose any money l on that.

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Quick was and dry and under bonnet wipe down, also gave the (sagging) insulation a clean, might need to replace it though as it’s not looking terribly good these days.

adbbc0195d8f43ee3bbce473f528d269.jpg

50227a24aae084f00d9169f3a71e1d29.jpg

4fa408b215788dcad36aa00da8315432.jpg

The marks that are left are due to the material having worn through the black to the multiple colour backing.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.