What did you and your MK2 do today?

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
In addition to my thread on the car I’ve also used a quik detailed for the first time, never have before and likely never will again.. not hugely impressed and I’m pretty sure it’s caused a few scratches here and there, the car wasn’t really dirty as such so it seemed a good time to try it... results are below, but you can’t see the marks from this far away!!

809f3bfb1f7a5faa9fa42465151d8912.jpg

96842a8c89e6d54b208b6a6f3bb2ceb0.jpg

To be honest it’s just a chance to upload a gratuitous photo of the back of my car... loving the way it looks at the back now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Maypack

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
Quick detailer should be used after the cars been washed, otherwise you just pushing dirt round the car.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Quick detailer should be used after the cars been washed, otherwise you just pushing dirt round the car.

It was more developed as an interim between maintenance washes as an option for waterless washes, I was intrigued by comments from a few people so thought I’d give it a go... not hugely impressed. I’ll stick to maintenance washes.

From the meguairs bottle..

“Quik Detailer is the missing link between washes. Simply spray on and wipe off with a Meguiar?s Supreme Shine Microfibre or a 100% cotton terry towel. Quik Detailer removes contaminants safely without scratching your paint”

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
They are great for top ups after washing, I'd recommend Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer. You can get it from ECP for about £7 during their usual sales, offer great beading and protection

Reactions: Sharpy

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
They are great for top ups after washing, I'd recommend Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer. You can get it from ECP for about £7 during their usual sales, offer great beading and protection

Im all for this

Give the car a going over after you have washed and dried it

It lasts for weeks so does not need applying after every wash and gives ultimate beading and protection as its a ceramic detailer

https://www.ocdfinish.co.uk/products/finishing/velocity-si02-ceramic-detailer/

leon mk1 cupra

Two more products to try, I can see the benefit of using it after maintenance washes to top up the protection thats already on there. Im a little disappointed that it doesn't really work for the intended purpose very well though. I always wondered how a waterless wash could work... turns out it doesnt. lol

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Thought I’d try out the spare wheel. It’s never been used and today felt like a good day to rectify that.

a65fd453e7947cd92406bf92be871855.jpg

90635c6d38e89c51540d21b51f1aab2c.jpg

4 new tyres ordered to be fitted on Friday.

Deleted member 103408

Well thats the car's xmas sorted, and if we can find a bright side to this at least you have a spare wheel, more and more of the cars these days just have the stupid can.

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Well thats the car's xmas sorted, and if we can find a bright side to this at least you have a spare wheel, more and more of the cars these days just have the stupid can.

Too true, Im surprised its taken to long to become such a common thing, I had an MG ZS 180 when they first came out and that was ahead of its time as it came with a can... which was useless when i needed it as the hole was quite big and the stuff didnt seal it. I was so happy! ha!

DanDiesel

In my diesel is where I'll be, chugging merrily.
Mar 17, 2005
Kent
Too true, Im surprised its taken to long to become such a common thing, I had an MG ZS 180 when they first came out and that was ahead of its time as it came with a can... which was useless when i needed it as the hole was quite big and the stuff didnt seal it. I was so happy! ha!

What tyres did you go for?

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Tried to fit a rear wiper blade only to discover ecp had sold me one for a 2009 onwards so completely different to the 05-09 one that I needed

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
MOT passed today with no adviseries. :dance:

So yeah, let's not worry about the 6 warnings on the MFD for all the LED bulbs and the warning light on.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
Started to check which bit is causing the problem as the washer jets front and rear have stopped working :censored:

Looking like its the pump i guess, trying to check online how easy to change myself but not finding much to go on. I know the bottle is behind the drivers fog so will take it out to have a look.

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
Started to check which bit is causing the problem as the washer jets front and rear have stopped working :censored:

Looking like its the pump i guess, trying to check online how easy to change myself but not finding much to go on. I know the bottle is behind the drivers fog so will take it out to have a look.

This is how to remove reservoir but you get the idea.

Remove front right mudguard

Remove front right headlight

Washer.PNG
Washer2.PNG

Reactions: Jimbobcook
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.