What did you and your MK2 do today?

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Yeah I’m not a fan of the chrome, I did have it all black but it was a rush job so the paint just flaked. This time I’ve left the badge itself as I feel it looks better.

I was tempted to plastidip but hear it comes off easily, with that said, it’s easy to correct any chips that may occur. Would be good to see how you get on with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I looked at replacing my grill with the cupra one that comes in black but they sell for silly money.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
I also looked into that but couldn’t justify the expense that and mines a pre-fl. I think the honeycomb black grill was facelift only..could be mistaken though.

I’m happy with the results after painting this time round. Just a shame it’s not the honeycomb style

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Picked my fr up from the garage and result being...new pads, discs and a pair of calipers fitted to the rear.

All I can say is that car no longer feels like its dragging its a**e along the road

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Picked my fr up from the garage and result being...new pads, discs and a pair of calipers fitted to the rear.

All I can say is that car no longer feels like its dragging its a**e along the road

Hurray! I drove 17 miles with my rear caliper locked on and didn't notice. Had it replace and drove 17 miles back with the other side locked and still didn't notice!

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Hurray! I drove 17 miles with my rear caliper locked on and didn't notice. Had it replace and drove 17 miles back with the other side locked and still didn't notice!
Mine were both pinching slightly, as I only noticed there was an issue when I tried to push the car when the battery had gone flat. Both myself and my 15 stone mate could only just get it moving

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Spent yesterday cleaning the turbo and EGR. Put everything back together and found that there was a high pitch sqweel from the engine bay.

This morning found that I’d hand tightened a bolt between the EGR system and the exhaust system.

Taken the car for a drive this morning and no more overboost, plan now is to drive it a few weeks and monitor then finally get a remap up to 150bhp.

It’s taken nearly a year thus far to get on top of these issues (ABS pump, clutch flywheel, all new tyres, water pump and timing belt, turbo overboost, various sensors replaced) the big one left now is to repair the rust on the car. Got a feeling I’m going to be keeping her a while with the work I’ve put in.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Spent yesterday cleaning the turbo and EGR. Put everything back together and found that there was a high pitch sqweel from the engine bay.

This morning found that I’d hand tightened a bolt between the EGR system and the exhaust system.

Taken the car for a drive this morning and no more overboost, plan now is to drive it a few weeks and monitor then finally get a remap up to 150bhp.

It’s taken nearly a year thus far to get on top of these issues (ABS pump, clutch flywheel, all new tyres, water pump and timing belt, turbo overboost, various sensors replaced) the big one left now is to repair the rust on the car. Got a feeling I’m going to be keeping her a while with the work I’ve put in.

At least you know what's been replaced unlike buying another car. This one has character... Maybe not the best friend over the years lol glad to see you've stuck with it!

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
At least you know what's been replaced unlike buying another car. This one has character... Maybe not the best friend over the years lol glad to see you've stuck with it!

Exactly that...I could buy another car and have to do loads of work. Engines always been solid just it’s getting on a bit and has done 122k miles, it’s going to need bits doing at this point.

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Went to buff a few of the scratches out that have been picked up over winter and remembered how good meguires ultimate compound is as restoring paint work:

a756470d72b2cf9c8c7a6552e8c96efe.jpg

Pre Doncaster meet plan is as follows:

- Clay bar (if I can remember where I put it)
- Meguires to take out light scratches
- Touch up with paint anything deeper than base coat
- Flatten down touched up areas with meguires
- once over full car with auto glym super resin
- Wax to seal

Whether or not I get the time is another matter.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Went to buff a few of the scratches out that have been picked up over winter and remembered how good meguires ultimate compound is as restoring paint work:

a756470d72b2cf9c8c7a6552e8c96efe.jpg

Pre Doncaster meet plan is as follows:

- Clay bar (if I can remember where I put it)
- Meguires to take out light scratches
- Touch up with paint anything deeper than base coat
- Flatten down touched up areas with meguires
- once over full car with auto glym super resin
- Wax to seal

Whether or not I get the time is another matter.

I wanted to do similar but the weather won't allow it here lol

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
I'm now debating washing it quickly one evening when it's not raining then try and get it in my tiny garage and do the rest there lol as long as it leaves my house clean for the meet I'm happy

I thought having a garage was amazing...until I got my car in it. I can only presume that all garages had been created for noddy or mr bean.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I thought having a garage was amazing...until I got my car in it. I can only presume that all garages had been created for noddy or mr bean.

I can just walk around the car when it's in the garage lol it's a joke but i'll get the car clean...

Reactions: saveoursouls
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.