What did you and your MK2 do today?

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
1daf166c0c1007083bf8f7a8ca898817.jpg

Painted the side repeaters and....the rain and wind finally hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Curbed my alloy wheels anyone know a good diamond cutting repair shop?

Choco

I feel your pain. Mine aren't diamond cut, but I like to curb mine every 3 months. I've actually given up powder coating and just get them sprayed now to save time and money. It'd help if you said which area your looking in LOL.

ChocoMilkShark

Jul 25, 2018
I feel your pain. Mine aren't diamond cut, but I like to curb mine every 3 months. I've actually given up powder coating and just get them sprayed now to save time and money. It'd help if you said which area your looking in LOL.
My bad! It's London Essex area they are dotz wheels so they can only be dimond cut

photo attached
d1abc3c928d35ec42c84705e23fdb034.jpg

Choco

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Hi all (back so soon you may ask)

Log story short , someone crashed into my partner in our mk3.5 focus st and there is a chance it may be wrote off , so im looking for an alternative replacement if that is the case

We get the keys to our new home tomorrow and also getting married in the next 4 weeks so this is unadded stress

Ive been looking at the mk2 leon supercopa on a 12 plate , am i mad? Or should i be looking at a mk3 fr?

Its for her and the kids to use as a daily so ideally diesel as the running costs are generally lower than if i was to get her a decent k1

leon mk1 cupra

SpiderWelsh

Jul 3, 2018
Dropped my FR off for an Anti Lift kit this morning, plans for the uprated ARBs next month too.

Anyone know how much of a difference I will feel with just the ALK?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Anyone know how much of a difference I will feel with just the ALK?

When I had mine fitted, on the drive home from the garage I was leaning forward and back during braking and acceleration and I couldn't figure out why. Then I realised it was because I was so used to compensating for the diving and pitching of the car which it actually wasn't doing anymore.

SpiderWelsh

Jul 3, 2018
When I had mine fitted, on the drive home from the garage I was leaning forward and back during braking and acceleration and I couldn't figure out why. Then I realised it was because I was so used to compensating for the diving and pitching of the car which it actually wasn't doing anymore.
Quite the difference then.

It's an odd car, sometimes they feel really planted as standard and other times I feel like I'm driving a people carrier family wagon thingy.

Really need that DV to arrive, had it remapped a few weeks ago and had the time of my life till the perforation, now it's back to stock minus.

SpiderWelsh

Jul 3, 2018
Looks like I won't be feeling that yet. The bank hol has screwed up the delivery time and my parts have been delayed.

Tbf to the guys at the garage though, they've had a good look over the rest of it and spotted a mass of irritating niggles.

- Splits in all 3 turbo hoses
- Drop links knackered
- Centre section of the exhaust ready to pop
- Thermostat sticking open issue
- Recommended a Major Service (to be discussed properly)
- Looks like I had hardly any oil despite a Major Service at Halfrauds at the end of Feb (thus the 'to be discussed...' above).
- Tyres (expected tbh)

Anyone had a similar report from other reputable garages after Halfords?

SpiderWelsh

Jul 3, 2018
On Wednesday I had my anti lift kit fitted along with the DV+ from GFB.

Today I replaced my Cam Follower and think I may have inadvertently fixed my thermostat issue.

Bit better news than on Tuesday at least. :funk:

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
First proper detail of the year. Tried a different wax and tyre shine to my usual. Following products used:

ZipWax Car Shampoo
Meguiars Clay Bar (mix of quik detailer, shampoo and water to give it lubrication)
Meguiars Ultimate Compund
Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Simoniz Original Wax
Simoniz Back to Black Tyre Shine

For the price point I’m finding that Simoniz products are fantastic, looking forward to trying some do their other products. Not sure as to whether they do a polish or paint restorer. Anyway, here’s some pictures:

4e1f0edcb2d6759bba43e9bbe112743a.jpg
6834ce541ec73dd75c6ea52158ff8d6b.jpg
1973cfee593712a142989b3cd847c551.jpg

Anyone got any ideas to maintain or if there’s something I can do to put over the wax to further enhance the shine? Thinking a quick go over with some quick detailer.

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Looks like I won't be feeling that yet. The bank hol has screwed up the delivery time and my parts have been delayed.

Tbf to the guys at the garage though, they've had a good look over the rest of it and spotted a mass of irritating niggles.

- Splits in all 3 turbo hoses
- Drop links knackered
- Centre section of the exhaust ready to pop
- Thermostat sticking open issue
- Recommended a Major Service (to be discussed properly)
- Looks like I had hardly any oil despite a Major Service at Halfrauds at the end of Feb (thus the 'to be discussed...' above).
- Tyres (expected tbh)

Anyone had a similar report from other reputable garages after Halfords?

Oh no you went to Halfords last time I worked on a car that went to Halfords I had to replace the clutch that was fitted wrong find two new calliper carriers and fit new disc and pads fill the gearbox up with oil and replace both outer cv boots tighten the oil filter on a rover streetwise

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
First proper detail of the year. Tried a different wax and tyre shine to my usual. Following products used:

ZipWax Car Shampoo
Meguiars Clay Bar (mix of quik detailer, shampoo and water to give it lubrication)
Simoniz Original Wax

For the price point I’m finding that Simoniz products are fantastic, looking forward to trying some do their other products. Not sure as to whether they do a polish or paint restorer. Anyway, here’s some pictures:

Anyone got any ideas to maintain or if there’s something I can do to put over the wax to further enhance the shine? Thinking a quick go over with some quick detailer.

Looks like a new car
Good work I still can’t decide where to do mine before I get the new panels and bumper painted or wait till they are on the car

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Oh no you went to Halfords last time I worked on a car that went to Halfords I had to replace the clutch that was fitted wrong find two new calliper carriers and fit new disc and pads fill the gearbox up with oil and replace both outer cv boots tighten the oil filter on a rover streetwise

But the wiper blades were fitted correctly though right?

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK

ZipWax Car Shampoo
Simoniz Original Wax

Why at a glance does it look like a wooden pole gone through the windscreen and the way the wires look like cracks in the windscreen lol

Reactions: saveoursouls

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Why at a glance does it look like a wooden pole gone through the windscreen and the way the wires look like cracks in the windscreen lol

Feel like I need to go and check my windscreen now lol. How many panels are you replacing on your car?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.