What did you and your MK2 do today?

Deleted member 103408

after i read that i looked at the picture and thought it was a refueling tube so you could fill up whilst driving. Or its a inicorn horn :)

SpiderWelsh

Jul 3, 2018
First proper detail of the year. Tried a different wax and tyre shine to my usual. Following products used:

ZipWax Car Shampoo
Meguiars Clay Bar (mix of quik detailer, shampoo and water to give it lubrication)
Meguiars Ultimate Compund
Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Simoniz Original Wax
Simoniz Back to Black Tyre Shine

For the price point I’m finding that Simoniz products are fantastic, looking forward to trying some do their other products. Not sure as to whether they do a polish or paint restorer. Anyway, here’s some pictures:

4e1f0edcb2d6759bba43e9bbe112743a.jpg
6834ce541ec73dd75c6ea52158ff8d6b.jpg
1973cfee593712a142989b3cd847c551.jpg

Anyone got any ideas to maintain or if there’s something I can do to put over the wax to further enhance the shine? Thinking a quick go over with some quick detailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's like looking at what my car could have been.

Luckily, I got a free mini detail on Saturday from the Turkish was near my other half's bridal shop.

Not quite as good as yours, but at least it's clean for once.

Loving the black around the grill btw.
d93838126a3fcf32e0a7c1b4ab07c284.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
It's like looking at what my car could have been.

Luckily, I got a free mini detail on Saturday from the Turkish was near my other half's bridal shop.

Not quite as good as yours, but at least it's clean for once.

Loving the black around the grill btw.
d93838126a3fcf32e0a7c1b4ab07c284.jpg

Yours is looking pretty good to be fair, is that an FR? The black grill was a pain to paint properly, I still missed a step as I didn’t degrease the surface which has caused a bit of it to lift. Much prefer it over the chrome though and I feel it’s subtle enough to not look rice.

SpiderWelsh

Jul 3, 2018
Yours is looking pretty good to be fair, is that an FR? The black grill was a pain to paint properly, I still missed a step as I didn’t degrease the surface which has caused a bit of it to lift. Much prefer it over the chrome though and I feel it’s subtle enough to not look rice.

Yup an FR on the cusp of the facelift so I just missed out on a nicer interior and 10bhp extra. Haha.

Agreed, the chrome is nice, but a gloss black is much more classy I think.

I've swapped my grill out for the aftermarket honeycomb look one, but it has no badge. My plan was to buy another badge and spray it black, but I've gotten used to it now and kinda like it.

I've just started down the slippery slope of modding as well, as it's the first car I've had with enough potential to bother with it and the funds obvs.

Anti-lift kit has made a world of difference even with needing drop links doing and new tyres.

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Yup an FR on the cusp of the facelift so I just missed out on a nicer interior and 10bhp extra. Haha.

Agreed, the chrome is nice, but a gloss black is much more classy I think.

I've swapped my grill out for the aftermarket honeycomb look one, but it has no badge. My plan was to buy another badge and spray it black, but I've gotten used to it now and kinda like it.

I've just started down the slippery slope of modding as well, as it's the first car I've had with enough potential to bother with it and the funds obvs.

Anti-lift kit has made a world of difference even with needing drop links doing and new tyres.

It certainly is a slippery slope lol, what is an anti lift kit? I’m trying to make my mods look factory, not after the boy racer look but it’s not easy and not cheap

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015

Ace isn't it? Were you leaning forward and back all the way home?

It certainly is a slippery slope lol, what is an anti lift kit? I’m trying to make my mods look factory, not after the boy racer look but it’s not easy and not cheap

Here's some spending ideas for you:
https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/seat-leon-mk2-cupra-r-2011-revo-2.446059/

SpiderWelsh

Jul 3, 2018

The anti-lift kit or the ALK as it gets referred is just a suspension upgrade.

I had a Powerflex one put on and it keeps the tyres on the road a lot more when cornering I believe.

Next on the list I think will be Anti Roll Bars to reduce body roll and the rest of the money spent will be long overdue maints, the boring stuff (hopefully).

I've had a stage 1 custom remap so it's around the Cupra power (240bhp ish), but as I've gotten older I've realised it's the corners that are more fun to be quick in, so imho it's well worth starting with suspension and a good set of rubbers tbh and where I should have started and either make do with the engine or do the cheapest and most big impact options (like a safe remap).

Reactions: saveoursouls

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
The anti-lift kit or the ALK as it gets referred is just a suspension upgrade.

I had a Powerflex one put on and it keeps the tyres on the road a lot more when cornering I believe.

Next on the list I think will be Anti Roll Bars to reduce body roll and the rest of the money spent will be long overdue maints, the boring stuff (hopefully).

I've had a stage 1 custom remap so it's around the Cupra power (240bhp ish), but as I've gotten older I've realised it's the corners that are more fun to be quick in, so imho it's well worth starting with suspension and a good set of rubbers tbh and where I should have started and either make do with the engine or do the cheapest and most big impact options (like a safe remap).

That’s the conclusion I’m coming to, once I’d got a decent set of tyres on cornering was much better. I’d like some more power as mines only a 105hp 1.9 TDI, good news is that it’s got a lot of potential for upgrades.

Currently weighing up repairing the sticky turbo or dropping in a turbo from the 130pd. Problem is I’m not 100% on what’s causing the overboost, I think it’s sticky VNT veins. Think I’ll have one last go at cleaning it again then if that doesn’t work I think it’s a turbo upgrade.

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Nice shine, what products did you use?

This was just a maintenance wash so meguairs nxt shampoo, obsession snow foam and meguairs quick detailed to top up the obsession wax 5 year anniversary wax.

To be fair it’s a good colour for getting a fee finish, which does help.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
This was just a maintenance wash so meguairs nxt shampoo, obsession snow foam and meguairs quick detailed to top up the obsession wax 5 year anniversary wax.

Obsession do a snow foam? ... Gah, your costing me a fortune!!

Reactions: Sharpy

SpiderWelsh

Jul 3, 2018
Think I need to start snow foaming, this is never ending! The Mrs will be leaving me at this rate.

Yessss!!

I've only ever done it once with a Karcher one, which was probably crap, but even that was ace in comparison to the other stuff I'd tried.

A mate of mine from North Wales has a detailing company and he has sworn by it for the past 10 or more years.

Pretty sure he's an Autoglym guy, but could be wrong.