Cardiff
Passed the mot with flying colours.

f9ad8e73114bd7b2afa21a7ed3eb5cbd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Brimfull

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Fitted a new antenna base and now for the first time in 12 months I can pick up radio stations

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
Fitted a new antenna base and now for the first time in 12 months I can pick up radio stations

Was it easy/cheap to do? My signal is poor, looking to change the Arial first but looks ok.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
I fitted one of the CREE LED reversing light bulbs, so much better reversing in the dark now.

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Was it easy/cheap to do? My signal is poor, looking to change the Arial first but looks ok.

The antenna base cost £25 from a dealers and yes fairly easy to change. Open the boot, the head lining is held up by two plastic clips, use a small flat head screwdriver to prise the clips from the roof.

This then allows the headlining to hang down a few inches and gives just enough room to access and undo a 22mm nut that secures the antenna to the roof, unplug the wire from the connector and pull the antenna from the roof.

If you can when reinstalling get someone to hold the antenna to the roof whilst you attach and tighten up the nut.

Apparently water over time gets inside the antenna base and corrodes the circuit board.

I could only ever pick one station which was my most local station which was hit or miss, it would scan through the whole frequency range and not pickup anything but static.

Reactions: Kenan

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Changed the Oil and Filter

This time I used Fuchs Titan Gt1 5w40, and noticed a massive reduction in engine noise on idle compared to what it sounded like with Shell Hx8 5w-40 that I last used.

The shell oil was only 9 months old and done just under 3k miles.

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Fitted a hid kit which I picked up for half price from ecp.

Also bought a timing chain and tensioner for the old girl.

Reactions: Sharpy

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Carried out some pre-winter essentials, namely touching up Betty's body work, like you do. Removed lots of tar from the bodywork and wheels, waxed the bodywork and wheels.

Can see the rust on the wheel arches getting worse, I think summer next year is going to be spent carrying out further rust repairs, lowering her, further work to the interior, new brake pads.

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Carried out some pre-winter essentials, namely touching up Betty's body work, like you do. Removed lots of tar from the bodywork and wheels, waxed the bodywork and wheels.

Can see the rust on the wheel arches getting worse, I think summer next year is going to be spent carrying out further rust repairs, lowering her, further work to the interior, new brake pads.

Wheres the rust? Front or rear arches?

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Front, tempted to get two in decent condition so that I can spray them in the garage. Colour matching red is impossible though so might be best putting two on as placeholders and repairing the ones I have. We shall see.

The fronts are a pain, the rot comes through from the inside so you actually have a hose all the way through the panel, I think ended up buying new panels repairing them just wasn’t an option they were a right mess.

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
The fronts are a pain, the rot comes through from the inside so you actually have a hose all the way through the panel, I think ended up buying new panels repairing them just wasn’t an option they were a right mess.

Hopefully I can salvage them, if I replace them the red paint will have faded at a different rate. Did you take the sponges off the replacements?

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Hopefully I can salvage them, if I replace them the red paint will have faded at a different rate. Did you take the sponges off the replacements?

The place I had them done said he’d sorted it to avoid the issue coming back, he’s a mate and very good so I trust him to have sorted it.

Red is a pain for matching though as you say.

Reactions: saveoursouls

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
The place I had them done said he’d sorted it to avoid the issue coming back, he’s a mate and very good so I trust him to have sorted it.

Red is a pain for matching though as you say.

I think at some point, I'm going to have to accept that my car is going to be many different shades of red lmao. The bumpers are lighter than the body of the car and the petrol cap is lighter than the body. The sills are lighter but blended.

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
I think at some point, I'm going to have to accept that my car is going to be many different shades of red lmao. The bumpers are lighter than the body of the car and the petrol cap is lighter than the body. The sills are lighter but blended.

Just get it wrapped... ;)

Reactions: Legojon

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds

Betty! Love that name :thumbup:

Reactions: saveoursouls
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise