What did you and your MK2 do today?

Drizzle

Darren -
Oct 5, 2012
Wigan
Couldn't resist any longer... New pedals :D well 2nd hand off the bay

ape7a9u8.jpg

Also swapped HIDs for 5k, you can see 6k on the left and 5k on the right!

6ygy4y7e.jpg

That's my next mod!!
Nice uplift to the interior these, we'll nice!

itsmeagain

Aug 4, 2012
Birmingham
Finally had a dry day to fit the new Neuspeed induction and LED fogs, plus change the oil cap for an audi R8 one :p
Here are a few (shakey ) pics :)

68297_10151112230526671_1393752811_n.jpg

LED on the right compared to the standard one on the left...

403058_10151112230376671_1770395551_n.jpg

32292_10151112229531671_824296989_n.jpg

16048_10151112229796671_1940213423_n.jpg

With sidelights

530979_10151112229696671_1245459458_n.jpg

Both

481497_10151112229426671_1995032060_n.jpg

As you can see they match the 6000k hids perfectly and look pretty cool, output isnt as great as the standard ones but they are still very bright! And before anyone says it, no I dont drive around with them on, this is purely a cosmetic mod for when the fogs come on when reversing ( I have de-activated the cornering fog light function ) . The standard ones look very silly compared to the HIDs, and for those of you with the corning function this is a must do mod! ( If you have HIDs or factory Xenons ;) )

Do you have a link too where you got the LED fogs from. As I wanna change mine.

X cupra

Nov 4, 2012
Oxford
Today i fitted some black smoked mirror finish side repeaters bought off eBay for the paultry sum of £9.95.
They come with bulb holder attachments that slip over the originals to allow the new side repeaters to fit nice and snug,also come with new orange sidelight bulbs which you cant tell that there orange looking at the repeaters.
Quite a cool little inexpensive mod,check out their shop called 'rudie mods'

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Well I've just rechecked mine and the only one regarding fog lamps when reverse engaged says when cornering lights active.
So don't know if its different with a dsg car but I can't workout how its possible on mine.

Strange one, I'll print screen the vcds page when I get a chance, mine is a my2011 if that makes any difference?

Do you have a link too where you got the LED fogs from. As I wanna change mine.

They are just some cheapo ones at the moment from ebay, I am looking to buy the hids direct error free ones though eventually, but they are like £20! :O

Here
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-HB4-900...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c28bf41c7

Where can I get me some LEDs my friend?:D

As above :D

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
@Benji how come they aren't giving errors? I remember when I first installed non-CANBUS HIDs they would give errors and at the same time the lights would actually turn off. I had to install decoders and then everything worked fine, and eventually I went for CAN-BUS free ballasts when I found ones.

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
@Benji how come they aren't giving errors? I remember when I first installed non-CANBUS HIDs they would give errors and at the same time the lights would actually turn off. I had to install decoders and then everything worked fine, and eventually I went for CAN-BUS free ballasts when I found ones.

They are giving errors, thats why I need some error free ones :D

Turn them on and off again though and the error goes away

Kaza

Female Petrolhead :)
Jul 5, 2010
Kent
The only issue I found with LED fog lights is they didn't appear to be as good as halogen lights.

But if you're going for looks rather than actually using them, then they look spot on with the rest of your lights :).

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
They are giving errors, thats why I need some error free ones :D

Turn them on and off again though and the error goes away

That's weird. Whenever I got errors from LED sidelights or non-CANBUS HIDs, for instance, they would just keep turning off and not work at all until I restart the car then they would work for a couple of seconds then turn off again.

Do you have a facelift or a pre-facelift car? I am going to assume it is the latter since it seems to have less difficulty with non-canbus items.

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
The only issue I found with LED fog lights is they didn't appear to be as good as halogen lights.

But if you're going for looks rather than actually using them, then they look spot on with the rest of your lights :).

Yeah that's what I thought, too. Even from the looks of them they don't really cover any distance or create a good light output. But then again if you have either OEM or a good aftermarket set of HIDs and projector lenses then you won't really need the fog lights at all. :D

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Yeah that's what I thought, too. Even from the looks of them they don't really cover any distance or create a good light output. But then again if you have either OEM or a good aftermarket set of HIDs and projector lenses then you won't really need the fog lights at all. :D

Personally I don't think front fog lights do anything... And that point is sorta backed up by the fact they don't have to be installed by law. Every car has a rear fog light, but a lot of cars have fog lights as an optional extra.

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011

Yup, your right they don't emit as much light as the standard halogen bulbs, but then again the standard ones were not great in the first place. Fogs are useless anyway so this is only a cosmetic mod :)

That's weird. Whenever I got errors from LED sidelights or non-CANBUS HIDs, for instance, they would just keep turning off and not work at all until I restart the car then they would work for a couple of seconds then turn off again.

Do you have a facelift or a pre-facelift car? I am going to assume it is the latter since it seems to have less difficulty with non-canbus items.

My car is a facelift, my sidelights also give errors and they work perfectly too :) Non- canbus HIDs do have problems with the FL in that they won't work or flicker, but other bulbs function perfectly but may still throw and error :think:

Personally I don't think front fog lights do anything... And that point is sorta backed up by the fact they don't have to be installed by law. Every car has a rear fog light, but a lot of cars have fog lights as an optional extra.

I agree Jarre, the fogs are useless on the Leon anyway, they are only good for anything below 20mph if on tight twisty country roads, but anything faster and you just don't notice their effect. Forget about actual foggy conditions too, you would be better off with two candles taped to the front bumper. The cornering function and reversing function is very handy though, but it just makes you look like an idiot and thats why I turned the cornering lights off but kept the reverse :(

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Went out in my car and coolant light was flashing with the 3 beeps, topped up the coolant level which sorted that and only to find that my SEAT badge on my engine cover has gone missing somewhere :S

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
me & the GF have took Leon up to Whitby for fish n chip dinner and a blast along cracking roads

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.