What did you and your MK2 do today?

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Well gearbox was changed for millers nano tech as was the engine oil. First impressions are the gearbox feels very good as i fund it a bit clunky on cold start up. Also with the new oil there is a vast improvement on cold start up noise on the tfsi and the car is getting upto temp a fare bit quicker in this weather :)

RobFR

Nov 23, 2012
Northumberland
Picked my car up from the garage after a 2 1/2 week wait for an ignition barrel. Need to find the time to give it a wash and polish now. Oh and the money for a new cam belt and 2 tyres.

knoted

Oct 23, 2012
Oh boy.. this morning..this white white morning....

snow_09.jpg

knoted

Oct 23, 2012
Where is this?

I'm in the Netherlands...in the southern parts of the Netherlands to be a bit more
precise, very close to the border with Belgium.

We have some moderate snowfall in NL since 2 days. ...and I'm still driving on summer tires heheh..carefully though.

Deleted member 74601

Well gearbox was changed for millers nano tech as was the engine oil. First impressions are the gearbox feels very good as i fund it a bit clunky on cold start up. Also with the new oil there is a vast improvement on cold start up noise on the tfsi and the car is getting upto temp a fare bit quicker in this weather :)

I think when I get my gearbox oil changed, I'll go for some of this. Unless there's something better out by then :D

surajb1

"FR"
Oct 21, 2012
UK, Birmingham
Went to go pick up my mum a few mile down the road, was welcomed by the TPM light on dash with a beep, my initial thought was that one of my tires had been damaged or something, got out and had a visual but all seemed fine, got back in the car and reset it, will be keeping an eye on this the next few days :|

Deleted member 74601

Went to go pick up my mum a few mile down the road, was welcomed by the TPM light on dash with a beep, my initial thought was that one of my tires had been damaged or something, got out and had a visual but all seemed fine, got back in the car and reset it, will be keeping an eye on this the next few days :|

A visual check is not enough, got check the pressures. Mine came on and there was no visible difference but one tyre was down 10psi.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Thanks, i will check the tyre pressures tomorrow, looks like ill be needing a new tyre soon :cry:

It might have been triggered with the cold weather reducing your tyre pressure. I wouldn't worry yet. Mine has been triggered a couple of times, the first time there was nothing wrong, the second was a different set of tyres and I had a valve swap, that sorted it! You might not need a new tyre :)

surajb1

"FR"
Oct 21, 2012
UK, Birmingham
It might have been triggered with the cold weather reducing your tyre pressure. I wouldn't worry yet. Mine has been triggered a couple of times, the first time there was nothing wrong, the second was a different set of tyres and I had a valve swap, that sorted it! You might not need a new tyre :)

I hope the weather has to play with this, ill have a look tomorrow and see how much the pressures have changed, im thinking of getting a new set of tyres in the new year summer.
Thanks for the heads up :D

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Well me and my Mk2 had a nice round trip to bath and back yesterday 168
Miles each way, first long journey and at the end I didn't even have a numb ass lol

Saw 2 fellow FR's on the way back at around 8pm on the m5 cruised along with an 07 plate for a while...

Now I'll give her a clean...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Hugo Nebula

Dec 7, 2007
Manchester
Well some maniac with a pistol started chasing me Tuesday night but thanks to God and the Leon I was able to escape. It was like an action movie speeding and driving in the wrong direction, swerving left and right at a very high speed using the handbrake.. lol!

Was that related to the current political troubles there?

Aaronb23

Took my stage 2 fr(diesel) to wembley last night 222 miles averaged 52mpg first long journey iv done in it, pretty pleased with it.

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Just finished a long ass week at work, 7 days and 6 night/early morning gritting routes, the mk2 did an exeptional job getting me to and from, safely efficiently and lookin badass!

Last edited:

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
went and test drove a f/l fr cr tdi, wasnt that impressed. dealer took the p**s with part ex valuation so im getting a wheel refurb and an enhancement detail in the new year

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.