What did you and your MK2 do today?

Magicsky

I got the need for speed
Oct 8, 2012
West Sussex
Decided I'm gonna sell the Leon and get a m3. InsurNce is silly cheap now and in the last 2 years iv only done5K miles so no point in having a diesel. Looking at a 02-03 pre fl e46. Just have to convince the fiancee first .....wish me luck!!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Enjoy bud

Sent from the Iphone! Candy white cr 2.0 170 tdi Fr

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Painted the first hub, impressed with the results.

Rubbed down to clean metal all round, washed and dried then received two coats of Hammerite Smooth.

G2lXxvm.jpg

Hopefully do another tomorrow night then the two fronts over the weekend.

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Painted the first hub, impressed with the results.

Rubbed down to clean metal all round, washed and dried then received two coats of Hammerite Smooth.

G2lXxvm.jpg

Hopefully do another tomorrow night then the two fronts over the weekend.

Did you prime the surface or use degreaser. I put my hammerite over a primered surface and found that it sort of had shallow areas in the paint skin that looked very translucent, in an orange peel pattern. Am I a moon cat or is this a naturally occurring phenomenon? :)

Last edited:

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
I think the whole point of hammerite is that you can essentially even put it over rust. Just bang it on and it covers. It's thick and gooey paint so should stick to anything other than plastics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Started painting the callipers today again, started on the front passenger side calliper. Finished painting started putting all the nuts back in, over tightened one and it broke :(..
End of painting callipers lol

Aok82

Aug 18, 2012
Finland, Uudenmaanlääni
I just finished painting my brake calibers.
did it with obvious racecar RED!
I didnt take the calibers off, just painted where they sit. Did a decent job I think.
Also changed the N80 valve what I think was giving me the Evap fault code.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Started painting the callipers today again, started on the front passenger side calliper. Finished painting started putting all the nuts back in, over tightened one and it broke :(..
End of painting callipers lol

At least it's over in one go. Damage done. Needs replacing

A bolt on my caliper is cross-threaded on the other car. Fine now...but I know that next time I need pads (which happens a lot as I drive rallies), I need a new caliper or thread retapped :(.... Looming impending dooooom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Feb 10, 2012
Newquay
Well I went to my car earlier to find that a bus/coach has decided to play bumper cars with the side of my car and not report it/leave a note so I now have two f*@ked doors, rear quarter and wheel, and my excess is 550 plus I loss 3 years no claims due to my insurer not allowing me to protect them as I needed at least 4, thats a bill I dont need right now!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.