What did you and your MK2 do today?

STU3Y

Nov 11, 2013
Kent
Changed fuel filter, air filter, cabin filter. Still trying narrow down issue of failing to start she left for 3 days (see my other thread)

tundrarocks

Dec 21, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Done it a few times now last time was in a mk4 1.8t. Cost a fortune! Still got about 100 miles left in my tank from a fill up. Just hope the engine fault is one of those that comes up every few thousand miles

surajb1

"FR"
Oct 21, 2012
UK, Birmingham
Got my car fully serviced @ midland vw top notch guys but did notice a oil leak possibly from turbo, i would like to check myself but haven't got a clue how to everything seems all tight together, i did notice some dried up oil on a pipe below the air intake pipe but cleaned up to see if it comes back. if anyone has any insight to check further please let me know :think:

dj_troopa

Sep 29, 2009
Today i finally sorted out the issue i've had pretty much since i bought the car about 3 months ago but it got worse. Damn misfire!

I changed:

Charcoal canister
Coilpacks
Sparks plugs
PCV valve
Rev D diverter valve

That's pretty much the major common issues changed so i should be good for a while and ready for an intake & map! :D

The car runs much smoother now and the power is on point! I've also fitted a Forge Spacer, no matter what the reviews are where some have experienced issues with it but some have been fine for a year. I thought i would give this a go and give feedback with my experience which may help others. I love the sound of it and it's not loud at all with the windows up! I might remove the bonnet sound proofing and see how much louder it gets! No bad performance issues with it for now but i will see how it goes.

AJ

Last edited:

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Drove all the way to Cornwall from newcastle with no problems. Hit Newquay and I get a flashing coil light and no power grr!
coil plug light and no power

I know a garage in Saltash who could help you if you cant get it sorted mate.
Ive been doing the newcastle to plymouth run 4 to 5 times a year for the last 13 years - never gets old - NOT!!

I can tell you what me and my mk2 DIDN'T do this weekend, we didnt fit the ceramic Revo i had planned. :(

We are both pretty upset about it, the car even more than me, at least i have TV, footy and sunday roast to distract me, the poor car has nothing but dust from next doors builders and rain showers to enjoy.

tundrarocks

Dec 21, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Cheers I'll keep that in mind if it goes into safe mode again. Typically happened as I was trying to overtake on a hill!
I've had this happen before but it didn't go into safe mode, just had the flashing coil light. Cured that after I found a leaking pipe to the turbo. Only really have an idea what's wrong when I plug it into the computer.
Ive driven down here a few times and the roads only get interesting once you get into the twisties! Wish I still had my 205 gti down here

Clossie

Jun 9, 2014
Today I spent the day giving my new 2007 fr a bit of tlc. Wash, polished, waxed and then the boring stuff, degreasing and cleaning what looks like 7 years of oily gunk from all the hinges, nooks and crannies. Interior next week and I'll be happy I've done my first ownership decon.....and then it rained. Beggar.

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
well today I've finished making my custom double din front for my Seat spec Rcd310 ( the normal double din surround was miles off fitting the Rcd310 in ) + I've finished painting the new front for my facelift climate control upgrade and also painted my speedo surround..I've done the fronts in Diamond black metallic now all I have to do is wire in a live to pin 16 so the headunit powers on then I can fit all the new parts....

Zipcode

Jun 23, 2008
Brackley, Northant's
Snow foamed, washed, dried and a bit of quick detail to finish it off. Gave the interior a nice wipe down and a vacuum. Sprayed some smelly stuff so it's all ready for the week ahead.

Joshkcupra

Local Retard
Aug 21, 2012
Gravesend, Kent
Order a intake manifold flap motor as my one is faulty, according to AMD when I had my APR map done. So gonna change it over and then bust out the ol' VCDS and reset it's position, hopefully it'll run a bit better!

Rajraj

May 2, 2014
www.facebook.com
Have a chance to buy a VW rns 315 almost new from a company. It was taken out 2012 VW bc the new owner upgraded to RNS 510.

The price qoute is 299. But is it worth it? Do the car get a higher value?

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Have a chance to buy a VW rns 315 almost new from a company. It was taken out 2012 VW bc the new owner upgraded to RNS 510.

The price qoute is 299. But is it worth it? Do the car get a higher value?

Won't increase the value of your car but it will give you a nicer radio. I would t bother to be honest.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.