What did you and your MK2 do today?

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Yeah, good point matey! :lol:

Still, I bet it is very satisfying though! :)

Very. Actually, there's not really any reason why I wouldn't pull the Leon apart come to think of it. But the thing is, parts are almost always new, so the cash you save doing stuff yourself is almost not worth it in some cases.

Whereas for the MR2 all parts are 2nd hand, so you save tons doing it yourself.

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Hahahahaha, good man! :thumbup: I do have a friend who's always asked about them and also Betty Swollocks has asked me many times about them too.if neither of them are interested then you can. They'll probably be going fairly cheap as although they're in perfect working order they're in desperate need of a full refurb (they're candy purple right now!) ;)

Not yet buddy......it's something I'm maybe considering for the future though! :D

;);)

aran

Aug 5, 2013
I managed to fix the rear window problem i have had since buying my car. Took a bit of experimenting but it was a combination of the regulator catching on some wires, the regulator being mounted to high up and the regulator wire having a chink init. Looks like the previous owner or a garage have tried to fix it in the past.

Jul 1, 2014
Nottingham
Drove to work at a steady pace....and bombed it all the way home! Got side repeaters and fly eye kits beig delivered tomorrow so shall do some before and after pics

Jan 3, 2014
Right I'm going to buy the throttle body for my car as this is what seems to be throwing the codes up. The one that ends in a cue. But would a CDN engine code work on my BWA engine?

Please excuse the idiotic things lol

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
oh no not something wrong with the amazing BCS system.:p

:rofl::clap:

On a serious note, my exhaust tip gets silly hot, pour a little water on it and it boils off instantly. It sits very close to my valance and the tip is exactly in line with the edge of the valance so it doesn’t protrude at all, but no issues so far with melting although the valance does get warm

On a side note - finally killed off my ditch finder front tyres and got a set of Eagle F1's fitted :D:funk: What a difference

Last edited:

Rob_Talisman

MKII CR FR 170 FL Stage 2
Sep 2, 2013
North East
All i said was mine got v hot. Never said it was something wrong or any melting issues. Its a fecking exhaust there suppose to get a tad hot. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members