What did you and your MK2 do today?

Joshkcupra

Local Retard
Aug 21, 2012
Gravesend, Kent
i had one of them dodgy cables everything intalled properly everything was all good untill i tried do a fault scan.
notworking_zps57ed19f3.jpg

then boom not working
notworking2_zps3ef57bd8.jpg

I did a scan earlier and all worked perfectly?

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
I bought a non genuine vagcom cable and VCDS and it worth fine on mine, can do everything on it however just can't update. Was £40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
It was a while ago and luckily was in the same town as me so got it quick.
Just had a look on eBay aswell and doesn't seem to be any cheaper one apart from the lite version. There used to be a lot at one point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leonmk2cupra

Sep 24, 2013
I can't imagine £80 being genuine.

All the genuine VCDS I've seen on eBay are near on £200 when they sell

its a copy at that price. basically if its less than 200 quid its a fake, email rosstech and see what they say if you like. normally the copies work to varying degrees but always lock up when updating to the newest rosstech software. i rate the official rosstech so highly that i bought a second official after losing my first one (now that was f-ing painful). if you want to do more than just logging its really worth it and resale is as high as youd like to be fair.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
its a copy at that price. basically if its less than 200 quid its a fake, email rosstech and see what they say if you like. normally the copies work to varying degrees but always lock up when updating to the newest rosstech software. i rate the official rosstech so highly that i bought a second official after losing my first one (now that was f-ing painful). if you want to do more than just logging its really worth it and resale is as high as youd like to be fair.

I have my own genuine VCDS which I bought from Gendan. I wanted to make sure it was fully licensed and also could do all the updates necessary.

Joshkcupra

Local Retard
Aug 21, 2012
Gravesend, Kent
To be honest there is no real need to pay £200+ as the majority of us are only going to use a tiny amount of potential VCDS has. If I was a mechanic and was working on brand new motors etc then yeah I could see the need to pay the full whack, but for the purposes of clearing faults, logging, and enabling a few features, what else am I gonna use it for? Seems silly in my opinion.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.