What did you and your MK2 do today?

unerdanielson

Oct 27, 2009
Finally got round to fitting that cheap splitter mod.

1bf9844ed4efc84717a09dc1fa2b5bf8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Looks good. Personal preference - but I put a few small selt tappers in the corner of where the back centre piece starts so it follows the bumper line a little better. Might be worth considering;)
20160424_141738_1.jpg

unerdanielson

Oct 27, 2009
Looks good. Personal preference - but I put a few small selt tappers in the corner of where the back centre piece starts so it follows the bumper line a little better. Might be worth considering;)

20160424_141738_1.jpg

Thanks, I put a few in just for piece of mind. Tried to follow the line under the bumper as best I could. Think it looks okay. Next on my list is to make a honeycomb centre grill.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
It is indeed, it's an hour away but you get it all to yourself if you go early enough (If you can make out the upside down time) stamp:whistle:

Done it a few times, usually start down on the A465 then head north-ish, usually end up in Dumas Mawddy or Bala, then turn for home :D

Jaruba

Jun 18, 2014
Finland
This happened in friday but anyway!
MAHA dyno gave great numbers. Worst run was 373 BHP and 453 Nm. Best out of 3 runs was 388,2 BHP and 461,5 Nm. Colder weather gives easily +400 BHP

I don't have words anymore, 4000 rpm to 7200 rpm is now so smooth and rev limiter with 3" non-resonated catback gives nice bangs.....

Check "Spoolin´ Shirley" channel in youtube

Last edited:

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
This happened in friday but anyway!
MAHA dyno gave great numbers. Worst run was 373 BHP and 453 Nm. Best out of 3 runs was 388,2 BHP and 461,5 Nm. Colder weather gives easily +400 BHP

I don't have words anymore, 4000 rpm to 7200 rpm is now so smooth and rev limiter with 3" non-resonated catback gives nice bangs.....

Check "Spoolin´ Shirley" channel in youtube

373 bhp from a stage 1+ map?

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Ordered another Uniroyal Rainsport 3 and contacted Big Fish Tuning to book some time to have the map tweaked and some time on the rollers.

All due to me having a play with a grey FR which had been mapped by John and it left me for dead haha.

Last edited:

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Thought I would make the most of the weather and gave the FR a big detail. Didnt take any before shots though stupidly.

Started off by blasting it with the Nilfisk to get rid of the top layer of dirt and dust, then gave it a layer of snow foam, rinsed with the Nilfisk again, then washed using AF lather, 2 bucket method, rinsed again, iron-x the whole car, rinsed again, dried, polished with PB black hole, waxed with Nattys paste wax, tyres dressed with Megs endurance gel, exhaust polished, trims and mud flaps treated with AG bumper and trim gel and finally gave the tyre another layer of endurance gel.

Took me 5 hours all in all.

Whilst it looks good I found some things that need attention....drivers side wing is bubbled on the underside so will be contacting Seat as it should still be under the bodywork warranty. Also the passenger side inner rear light has a broken lug which means its letting water in and finally the plethora of fine scratches I found mean I'm going to have to spend quite a few days with the machine polisher over the summer.

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Thought I would make the most of the weather and gave the FR a big detail. Didnt take any before shots though stupidly.

Started off by blasting it with the Nilfisk to get rid of the top layer of dirt and dust, then gave it a layer of snow foam, rinsed with the Nilfisk again, then washed using AF lather, 2 bucket method, rinsed again, iron-x the whole car, rinsed again, dried, polished with PB black hole, waxed with Nattys paste wax, tyres dressed with Megs endurance gel, exhaust polished, trims and mud flaps treated with AG bumper and trim gel and finally gave the tyre another layer of endurance gel.

Took me 5 hours all in all.

Whilst it looks good I found some things that need attention....drivers side wing is bubbled on the underside so will be contacting Seat as it should still be under the bodywork warranty. Also the passenger side inner rear light has a broken lug which means its letting water in and finally the plethora of fine scratches I found mean I'm going to have to spend quite a few days with the machine polisher over the summer.

Looking good, needs a facelift rear wiper arm fitted as well :p

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members