Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3 (2012-2020)' started by seatleon2012, Apr 16, 2013.

1. niallain

niallain Active Member

2 new tyres on the rear this morning. Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance.

Brought the ContiSport Contacts on the rear to the front to wear those down before getting some new ones for the front eventually.

Also got my side skirts and tailgate spoiler painted today, going to test fit this weekend and hopefully get the real thing done next weekend.

2. ScruffyLad

ScruffyLad Active Member

niallain, I'd be interested to know how well you think the paint on the new spoiler and skirts blend with the old paint on the rest of the car. I'm also thinking of adding spoiler, skirts and sports bumper but was worried about it not looking right as the existing paintwork has had 3 years of wear and tear.

3. noonoo63

noonoo63 Active Member

Buy the carista obd11 adaptor from Amazon £9.95 with free month of pro use download Carista app from playstore. Put adaptor in obd port under steering wheel connect via bluetooth and gives you multiple options to change things on the car such as chirp on lock/unlock, single press to fold mirrors etc etc etc etc, loads of things you can change as well as showing error logs.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

#3543 noonoo63, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  4. niallain

niallain Active Member

When I briefly held them up to the car they were pretty close. Leaving them to cure for the rest of the day, but I'll be posting pictures when they're on.

5. ScruffyLad

ScruffyLad Active Member

Nice one, cheers niallain.

6. robby71

robby71 Full Member

Paint on plastic parts (bumpers, spoilers, etc) is always going to be ever so slightly different to paint on metal panels but usually can onlt be shown up under street lights, etc
    If you've been polishing/ waxing your car then it shouldn't have faded (like the old cars in red did) so you shouldn't have a problem

7. ScruffyLad

ScruffyLad Active Member

Thanks for the info robby71. Unfortunately I haven't had car from new, only 2 months, so the paint work hasn't been looked after like I would. Will still get the styling kit when funds allow I think. Cheers again buddy.

8. robby71

robby71 Full Member

Can always go over the car with a DA if you have 1 or even by hand using a good polish to bring back the shine.
    Have a look on ebay as there's a seller listing skirts and rear spoilers ready painted

9. ScruffyLad

ScruffyLad Active Member

I've gone over it with AG SRP and AG Extra Gloss Protection and it has certainly helped. However it definitely needs to be clayed and like you suggest, gone over with a DA. I just don't trust myself to do it! I'll check ebay out, never thought about ready painted parts.

10. robby71

robby71 Full Member

This seller has 3 and 5 door skirts and spoiler listed in various colours - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-S...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649 :yes:

11. ScruffyLad

ScruffyLad Active Member

12. Redrevis

Redrevis Active Member

Did this myself this weekend. Added chirp to lock, needle sweep, 1 touch folding mirrors, tried the driving lights off when handbrake is on, which is great for when you're sat parked with the ignition on and don't want the lights on, but it also does when the engine is on, so as soon as you stop at lights and put your handbrake on, the lights go off :blink: would have been great if there was an option that doesn't do it with the engine on.

13. noonoo63

noonoo63 Active Member

Yes I found the same with the drl's bit of a pain that. Also if you are on the months free trial remember to cancel the subscription before the months up or its £33.99, which is fine if you want it.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

14. dont know carista but when i set this via obd11 it works fine when light switch at zero but does not impact lights in auto

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

15. paddy6789

paddy6789 Mk3 Cupra R

Gave mine a much needed oil change!

Seat Leon Cupra 290 DSG Black Edition (Alor Blue)
    Performance: Racingline OEM+ Stage One Mapping | Racingline R600 Intake | Racingline Turbo Inlet Pipe | Racingline Turbo Elbow | Racingline Muffler Delete | OEM NGK Audi RS7 Spark Plugs | 034 Motorsport Dogbone Mount | GFB DV+
    Interior: Koonlung K1S Dash Cam with BlackVue Power Magic Pro
    Exterior: TRC Front Splitter | Foliatec Exhaust Paint Gloss Black

16. lewischadwick7

lewischadwick7 Active Member

busy weekend for me, new windscreen fitted and coated with AW H2GO, debadged the rear and gave the car a full decontamination and then finished off with a glaze and wax (didn't have time for any correction this weekend :( )

17. Pinky

Pinky Active Member

Averaged 68mpg on a 180 mile trip. New tyres probably helped with this as I got 60mpg on the same trip previously.

Have done 500 miles on a fully brimmed tank with about a third still in the tank.

18. Jay280

Jay280 Active Member

Gave it a good clean, decontamination, polish and wax [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

#3558 Jay280, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  19. lewischadwick7

had the wheels off for a full deep clean decontamination and sealed for winter :) hopefully tonight I get the windows tinted too

20. lewischadwick7

looks well that jay! what was your LSP of choice?