what did you and your mk3 leon do today

ukriggers

Desire Cupra ST 4Drive
Jun 19, 2017
Stockport, UK
I am so, so happy. My new motor arrived just after 11 this morning and I LOVE IT!

20171103_122057.jpg

20171103_112336.jpg

Had to do some work since then but now I'm off for a little drive... see ya later

Reactions: Spuddy01

Orguss

Jul 3, 2017
Hampshire
Very nice, looks proper smart in the red. So jealous, mines still stuck on a unconfirmed build week 47... surely it should be confirmed by now.

Benjiman

Sep 20, 2014
Bristol
Fitted the ebay bonnet gas strut kit.
10 min job, minor trim of the foam, and it's done.
Ready for a wash & wax tomorrow, if the weather holds up!

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Hardwired the dash cam in, just need the sticky window mount as the suction one sits a bit too low. Pleased it works when the start/stop kicks in.

Also fixed the drivers door card as it was loose at the top, much happier now as it sits flush and how it should!

First time I have taken the car apart as I only got it last weekend. Pleased at how well it is put together, better than my previous car, a Skoda.

Also removed the silly fake engine noise and made all modes have red door cards. Couldn't get the fogs and headlights to work together though :(

Deleted member 103408

Hardwired the dash cam in, just need the sticky window mount as the suction one sits a bit too low. Pleased it works when the start/stop kicks in.

Also fixed the drivers door card as it was loose at the top, much happier now as it sits flush and how it should!

First time I have taken the car apart as I only got it last weekend. Pleased at how well it is put together, better than my previous car, a Skoda.

Also removed the silly fake engine noise and made all modes have red door cards. Couldn't get the fogs and headlights to work together though :(

what coding have you used for fogs and headlights and are you pre or post facelift car

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 103408

ok and are you a pre facelift car, is this supposed to put the fogs on when you flash your lights or are you after fogs on all the time with the lights or DRL's

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
ok and are you a pre facelift car, is this supposed to put the fogs on when you flash your lights or are you after fogs on all the time with the lights or DRL's
I'm pre, 63 plate. Looking for fogs to work with main beam if it's possible. I've seen YouTube videos showing it working

Deleted member 103408

i am obd11 user and the following coding sets the fogs on when you flash lights or have your high beams on

Long flash burst together with the fog lamps
With this change each time you press the burst in the lights of your car, will light while the front fog lights.
1 - Module 09 - Electronic. Code (31347)
2 - Adaptation
3 - Select - Leuchte12NL LB45
4 - Sub - Lichtfunktion c 12
5 - Change value to Left high beam
6 - Select - Leuchte12NL LB45
7 - Sub - Dimmwert DC 12
8 - Change value to 100
9 - Select - Leuchte12NL LB45
10 - Sub - D 12 Lichtfunktion
11 - Change value to Lichthupe generell
12 - Select - Leuchte12NL LB45
13 - Sub - Dimming direction DC 12
14 - Change Value to Maximize
15 - Select - Leuchte13NL RB5
16 - Sub - Lichtfunktion c 13
17 - Change value Right high beam
18 - Select - Leuchte13NL RB5
19 - Sub - Dimmwert CD 13
20 - Change value to 100
21 - Select - Leuchte13NL RB5
22 - Sub - D 13 Lichtfunktion
23 - Change value to Lichthupe generell
24 - Select - Leuchte13NL RB5
25 - Sub - Dimming direction CD 13
26 - Change Value to Maximize

as I dont have VCDS I am afraid you will have to check through the menus but it looks like you have some other changes to make as well.

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
i am obd11 user and the following coding sets the fogs on when you flash lights or have your high beams on

Long flash burst together with the fog lamps
With this change each time you press the burst in the lights of your car, will light while the front fog lights.
1 - Module 09 - Electronic. Code (31347)
2 - Adaptation
3 - Select - Leuchte12NL LB45
4 - Sub - Lichtfunktion c 12
5 - Change value to Left high beam
6 - Select - Leuchte12NL LB45
7 - Sub - Dimmwert DC 12
8 - Change value to 100
9 - Select - Leuchte12NL LB45
10 - Sub - D 12 Lichtfunktion
11 - Change value to Lichthupe generell
12 - Select - Leuchte12NL LB45
13 - Sub - Dimming direction DC 12
14 - Change Value to Maximize
15 - Select - Leuchte13NL RB5
16 - Sub - Lichtfunktion c 13
17 - Change value Right high beam
18 - Select - Leuchte13NL RB5
19 - Sub - Dimmwert CD 13
20 - Change value to 100
21 - Select - Leuchte13NL RB5
22 - Sub - D 13 Lichtfunktion
23 - Change value to Lichthupe generell
24 - Select - Leuchte13NL RB5
25 - Sub - Dimming direction CD 13
26 - Change Value to Maximize

as I dont have VCDS I am afraid you will have to check through the menus but it looks like you have some other changes to make as well.
Thanks bud, I'll have a play later when the laptop is charged back up

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Washed inside and out; wash, polish and wax, then detailed.

Started my sound deadening project with under the rear bench now complete:

8fb924dffc61ecb3bb7e417b2a74dd62.jpg

Next will be the boot lining and rear wheel arches. Need to order a bit more sound proofing though.

Also managed to update my sat nav maps thanks to Portlanders and SteveGSXR600K1:

82a94d5fca1d9def58a0850bce94ca69.jpg

Next task will be to change out my coolant to Evans Power Cool 180. Already bought and ready to go...10 litres of prep fluid and 10 litres of coolant.

Seat Leon Cupra 290 DSG Black Edition (Alor Blue)
Performance: Racingline OEM+ Stage Two Mapping | Racingline R600 Intake | Racingline Turbo Inlet Pipe | Racingline Turbo Elbow | Racingline Muffler Delete | OEM NGK Audi RS7 Spark Plugs | 034 Motorsport Dogbone Mount | GFB DV+ | Milltek Large Bore Downpipe | Pipewerx Custom Cat Back Exhaust | Forge Turbo Blanket
Interior: Koonlung K1S Dash Cam with BlackVue Power Magic Pro
Exterior: TRC Front Splitter | Foliatec Exhaust Paint Gloss Black

cupra14

Aug 31, 2017
England
i am obd11 user ...

The more I see it the better it looks.

Is it the Pro version and is it basically the price on their web site of the basic tool + Pro upgrade? Is there a risk of being hit with customs duty or the like?

Last edited:

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff

Is it the Pro version and is it basically the price on their web site of the basic tool + Pro upgrade? Is there a risk of being hit with customs duty or the like?

You need the Pro version for coding.
I didn't get hit with any duty tax, it ships from Lithuania if I remember correctly.

Deleted member 103408

You want the pro version that way you dont have any extra's to pay for as you can code your own changes or save up the free credits to pay for apps.
It does not support Apple and it will be a long time before they do imo

Yes it comes from Lithuania and at this time there is no custom duty to pay (at least I did not have to).

Check out this thread http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=432976

and the obd11 forum http://obdeleven.proboards.com/board/45/leon there you can see some of the facelift and non facelift changes.

Last edited by a moderator:

ukriggers

Desire Cupra ST 4Drive
Jun 19, 2017
Stockport, UK
I took my car to Carttitude in Manchester for a bit of new car protection. They are doing a 2 Stage paint correction and using Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light overcoated with EXO Ultra Durable Hydrophobic Coating. Check them out on Facebook.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I took my car to Carttitude in Manchester for a bit of new car protection. They are doing a 2 Stage paint correction and using Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light overcoated with EXO Ultra Durable Hydrophobic Coating. Check them out on Facebook.

How much is that setting you back?

Performance: Racingline OEM+ Stage Two Mapping | Racingline R600 Intake | Racingline Turbo Inlet Pipe | Racingline Turbo Elbow | Racingline Muffler Delete | OEM NGK Audi RS7 Spark Plugs | 034 Motorsport Dogbone Mount | GFB DV+ | Milltek Large Bore Downpipe | Pipewerx Custom Cat Back Exhaust | Forge Turbo Blanket

ukriggers

Desire Cupra ST 4Drive
Jun 19, 2017
Stockport, UK
How much is that setting you back?

For my car it's about £800 but it's a proper job inside and out with everything done. It's worth taking your car for a free inspection and he'll show you what can be done. The results are stunning. I collect mine tomorrow. Taking my daughter's ibiza which is a bit cheaper because it's slightly smaller.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Awesome! Will give them a shout.

cupra14

Aug 31, 2017
England
You want the pro version that way you dont have any extra's to pay for as you can code your own changes or save up the free credits to pay for apps.
It does not support Apple and it will be a long time before they do imo

Yes it comes from Lithuania and at this time there is no custom duty to pay (at least I did not have to).

Check out this thread http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=432976

and the obd11 forum http://obdeleven.proboards.com/board/45/leon there you can see some of the facelift and non facelift changes.

Thanks.

I gather not available for a PC (whether Windows or not).