what did you and your mk3 leon do today

stevenboot

Sep 27, 2016
Yesterday: wash, clay, wash, dry, paint seal.

First time I've used clay, pretty easy although it's a good work out. Came up nice.

Didn't have time for a wax or the wheels and glad I'm not into proper detailing as up close soooooooo many stone chips.

Even the Mrs asked what the black bits were on the front.....
Easiest best way to fix?
196765d35bc08ea2e927e7e7be9fd8ff.jpg
83d6e38bc71358f5fcc5763a7d2790a3.jpg
8ae138d62a215b74fcb68783118f0c8f.jpg
41e90a414478d71d20fa6b458a230612.jpg
a2ae5e8d24b11875fa368a40e6b4f50b.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sisqo_uk

Lawtonater9

Nov 18, 2016
Manchester
Yesterday: wash, clay, wash, dry, paint seal.

First time I've used clay, pretty easy although it's a good work out. Came up nice.

Didn't have time for a wax or the wheels and glad I'm not into proper detailing as up close soooooooo many stone chips.

Even the Mrs asked what the black bits were on the front.....
Easiest best way to fix?

I'm guessing it's tar? If so tar remover

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Not tar, its the black undercoat under the paint....

White car, black undercoat.

My last seat Ibiza was black with a grey undercoat.... You can't win

Apart from spot fixing or respraying I'm not sure mate. The dealership gave me a color match stick, which helped with the odd one.

My bonnet was resprayed around November time and I've already found new chips on the front.

White undercoat on mine.

I have the guardex paint protection but it only really helps the finish and doesn't really guard against chips.

I'm looking at getting a clear wrap on the bonnet/wings on the next car.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

NaturalMess

Nov 6, 2017
I had my first proper thrash - at 1200mls and now broken in a little.
The pull from 30-70 is awesome, as is the ability to lift off and pull out of corners (even on stock tyres - on the PS4s it must be out of this world!).
Next stop is some carista mods, what would everyones suggestions be?

oh and debadged the 'cupra 300' and '4drive' from the rear... more out of necessity as one of them was loose but definitely cleans it up, the badges are quite in your face. need to post a pic or three!

Deleted member 103408

NaturalMess our new mod has started a new section for guys and gals to post car pics

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....of-your-mk3-leon-in-here.444099/#post-4773973

And just in case anybody forgot you can always bring your car along to the National meet
https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....ly-8th-booking-details-and-discussion.443756/

If you are coming please confirm you have booked, the more that come the better position the club gets https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....endees-list-confirm-your-booking-here.443800/

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Yesterday I changed the brightness of my new reverse bulb and put my old Mk2 LED sidelights in the boot/glovebox. Much brighter now!

A5H

Mar 23, 2018
I had my first proper thrash - at 1200mls and now broken in a little.
The pull from 30-70 is awesome, as is the ability to lift off and pull out of corners (even on stock tyres - on the PS4s it must be out of this world!).
Next stop is some carista mods, what would everyones suggestions be?

oh and debadged the 'cupra 300' and '4drive' from the rear... more out of necessity as one of them was loose but definitely cleans it up, the badges are quite in your face. need to post a pic or three!

I'd be interested to see your pics, I changed the Cupra badge to a black one a few weeks back and was considering removing both the 4drive and Cupra300 badges :)

Deleted member 103408

wrapped my rear diffuser now just got to get some nice weather so I can fit it

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
I am still undecided on the debadging. I keep thinking of going black.

Anyway, filled mine up today, computer said 56.6 average, worked out 56.1mpg. Not bad for my commute to work through some awful towns.

GTunney

May 28, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne UK
I am still undecided on the debadging. I keep thinking of going black.

Anyway, filled mine up today, computer said 56.6 average, worked out 56.1mpg. Not bad for my commute to work through some awful towns.

After parking the car up at work and walking away, a slight glance back and I'm sold on the debadge. Makes the car look wider and more sporty.

Reactions: zeffania

Jay280

Oct 7, 2015
Not today but yesterday, went to the MQB rolling road day at unicorn motor developments in Stockport. Top day with some great tuned car's. A few totally stock cupras putting out over 300bhp too

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.