what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Neil Francis

Jan 28, 2019
Cambridgeshire
Deep cleaned the car, polished and waxed the car this weekend and its looking better than when the dealer delivered it to me the other week. I also purchased the Carista app and turned down the soundaktor to 20% from 99.9% and its much more enjoyable. I've heard the odd pop and crackle from the exhaust also.

Reactions: S4BiT

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
The drop you've done of 25mm, is that like the highest setting on the KW's? Their site says they drop 35mm minimum, so I'm assuming that is not the Cupra which has 10mm lower suspension anyway.

When I discussed what I wanted before fitting I was advised not to run KW dcc's at their highest setting as people have reported knocking issues with this configuration. It was there recommendation to opt for a 25mm drop based on previous installs. I didnt query the maths behind the 25mm, i just asked to be consulted by the tech before he finished the install and went onto the alignment so I could check the drop and make final adjustments. I never made further tweaks as was happy with the stance. I presume its 35mm plus 25mm.

Im going back at the weekend for dsg and diff service so can query the maths behind the 25mm drop then if you want.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
When I discussed what I wanted before fitting I was advised not to run KW dcc's at their highest setting as people have reported knocking issues with this configuration. It was there recommendation to opt for a 25mm drop based on previous installs. I didnt query the maths behind the 25mm, i just asked to be consulted by the tech before he finished the install and went onto the alignment so I could check the drop and make final adjustments. I never made further tweaks as was happy with the stance. I presume its 35mm plus 25mm.

Im going back at the weekend for dsg and diff service so can query the maths behind the 25mm drop then if you want.
That would be handy, wonder if the numbers on the site are wrong, as there is no way you've lowered it 60mm, the top of the tyres would be tucked in the archs.

Looks good though. Need to come and have a look at it. You say your there on Saturday?

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
02298AEA-3100-4982-9DCA-F17236FA7B9C.jpg

Now lowered and 312 brake fitted.
And this from Turkey
https://www.graficar.com.tr/product/seat-leon-5fmk3-sc-konfor-seti/
If any one order tell them the steering wheel fitted wrong side:drive2:

Last edited:
Reactions: onkkel

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
Gave mine a jolly good scrub today, noticed a small red scuff on my wheel arch I also spent a whopping 6 quid on a puddle light, bit of a gimmick but quite happy with it.
5d80e0e00d95562a3dae390178318ff6.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Hey man can you pop me a link to where you got your puddle lights? I haven't been able to find one with the flag logo.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Miguel 7

R ST
Jan 23, 2017
Does anyone know if a Maxton diffuser will also fit the face lifted FRs?
Websites says it only fits 2012-16 models

Deleted member 103408

I would give them a ring and ask, however based on the web site they have the Cupra split between Original and Facelift but for the FR only Original.

Reactions: Miguel 7

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Does anyone know if a Maxton diffuser will also fit the face lifted FRs?
Websites says it only fits 2012-16 models
Sorry I wouldn’t expect it to.

The bumper changed a fair bit when it was facelifted. Where the old FR bumper just had a cut out for the exhaust, the new one has a simple diffuser. I suspect to reduce costs and keep it the same as the Cupra just with a different diffuser, rather than a whole different bumper.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.