what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
The fuel economy is impressive, I managed this on the way down to the meet at Donington. It was motorway speeds without trying.
03c593b05825af3c5818d700b88e621d.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Reactions: louiskopite and bgb

Adrian300

Jun 10, 2019
Maybe mine is worse as its 4wd.... Most ive got is 37mpg on a 90 mile round trip

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
@Kirky looking good :)

Shame Seat went with foglights on the facelift Cupra, the pre facelift looks much better without the foglights, don't see the point of them anyway.

Also interested in where you can buy them if they're pre cut. :)

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019

ray

Jan 7, 2016
bef0013f2f824f0295662cce92385031.jpg

Fitted my gas bonnet struts, the instructions has them to the outside but I felt they looked better on the inside of the engine bay.

The only thing I’ve noticed is they don’t half spring the boot lid open, a bit too harshly in my opinion.

I got them from the group buys page on here where you just email Andrey in Russia who sends them over, cost just over £40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MrJohn91

Aug 27, 2014
www.facebook.com

Fitted my gas bonnet struts, the insurrections has them to the outside but I felt they looked better on the inside of the engine bay.

The only thing I’ve noticed is they don’t half spring the boot lid open, a bit too harshly in my opinion.

I got them from the group buys page on here where you just email Andrey in Russia who sends them over, cost just over £40.

I've just ordered mine, I'm perhaps more excited for this mod than I should be.
How long did it take to arrive?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Hag

Sep 15, 2018
Does anyone know if you can get a tinting/blackout kit for the front fogs on a pre facelift Leon FR? I’ve seen people have them for the new Cupra

CovFC87

Mar 29, 2019

Fitted my gas bonnet struts, the insurrections has them to the outside but I felt they looked better on the inside of the engine bay.

Re the boot lid, does it now open fully from the remote unlock? And what effect does it have on closing, harder or easier? I find on the mk3 I have to really slam the boot down or do it in 2 go's, which I didn't have to on the old mk2

Sent from my Razer using Tapatalk

ray

Jan 7, 2016
I've just ordered mine, I'm perhaps more excited for this mod than I should be.
How long did it take to arrive?

So was I! I thought they came with some sort of seat/Leon/cupra graphic because they were ordered through this site.

I bought them last Thursday/Friday and they arrived yesterday.

Like I said they do spring the bonnet open quite harshly so could do with being a bit softer sprung but nice and cheap little mod. :)

Reactions: MrJohn91

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Re the boot lid, does it now open fully from the remote unlock? And what effect does it have on closing, harder or easier? I find on the mk3 I have to really slam the boot down or do it in 2 go's, which I didn't have to on the old mk2

I haven’t changed the boot struts, sorry if my post indicated otherwise.

On that though my boot shuts real easy as standard..

MrJohn91

Aug 27, 2014
www.facebook.com

I have done the boot lid and yes it does open with the key, it is quite difficult to close but I've gotten used to it. The misses on the other hand complains bitterly about it. I have however recently popped a clip in the trim on one handle by pulling it too hard. So now I use the other handle I would recommend doing it every day of the week.

Reactions: ray and CovFC87
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise