what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Deleted member 103408

Yes I was expecting it to be very bad even though the garage did say the fuel pump only really comes into its own at very high revs (but they would say that as they dont pay for the fuel). I think the answer is you need to fit a bigger turbo, that's the only bit your are missing to be the same :)

Reactions: Legojon

Laurbach

Jan 22, 2019
Just returned after a 2 week holiday in Denmark. My19 Cupra is a very nice long trip car... the adaptive cruise control is amazing and the extra power available when cruising on the german autobahn is incredible from a 2.0L engine. It's a bit louder at higher speeds than my previous Leon 2015 tdi 184 but it's a nice deep tone from the exhaust.
Only down side really is the average 34 mpg on a 2000 miles trip. It happily did 44 mpg when keeping it at around 65-70 mph, but who wants to do that all day :whistle:

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Last 2 days been driving down to Dover and then through France. Visited a couple of Great War memorials.

Also had fun doing 70kmh through a 9km tunnel underneith Paris? Needless to say with a res delete the car was in Cupra mode for a good few Km going from 50 to 70kmh through 2nd and 3rd gear :D Only to lift off and slow down again for the pops and bangs hehe. I’m such a child.

Last edited:

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Last 2 days been driving down to Dover and then through France. Visited a couple of Great War memorials.

Also had fun doing 70kmh through a 9km tunnel underneith Paris? Needless to say with a res delete the car was in Cupra mode for a good few Km going from 50 to 70kmh through 2nd and 3rd gear :D Only to lift off and slow down again for the pops and bangs hehe. I’m such a child.

We would all do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Damo H

Adrian300

Jun 10, 2019
Quick wash, fog lights tinted and roofbox fitted ready for our camping trip
eeccb58d6028c3fbdfd5aa31c534ace2.jpg
61be47045b85379856ef2ba8dfdfe0a7.jpg

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

donoli74

Oct 13, 2018
Did a 1200 km drive to barcelona where this beauty was shipped....
Today we drive to allicante where our 12 day holiday starts.
Great car,zero problems.
A lot of seat leon of course in spain and i saw 2 cupras with copper badge,one on gasstation driven bij sexy spanish girl and on the ap7 road to allicante....guys were waving at me and giving me the ,cool.
75176c98fea9ccf66b7190b5c314f62e.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Pixel 3 XL met Tapatalk

Last edited:

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Drove to Glasgow in the pouring rain, ran over some plant debris on the motorway, arrived at Hotel to find water dripping under car (think it may be condensate from AC). Haven’t seen another CUPRA since leaving home at all. Had food, now time for Beer. Then Foo Fighters , Saturday, Hard Rock Cafe for Sons Birthday Sunday and off to Malta Monday.

Reactions: bgb

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Drove to Glasgow in the pouring rain, ran over some plant debris on the motorway, arrived at Hotel to find water dripping under car (think it may be condensate from AC). Haven’t seen another CUPRA since leaving home at all. Had food, now time for Beer. Then Foo Fighters , Saturday, Hard Rock Cafe for Sons Birthday Sunday and off to Malta Monday.

Saw The Foo’s Wembley last year, best experience ever! Contemplated buying tickets for Scotland this year!

Reactions: Maypack

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Saw The Foo’s Wembley last year, best experience ever! Contemplated buying tickets for Scotland this year!

This is my (MrsMaypack and Master Maypacks) 5th time of seeing them. MK Bowl twice, Sunderland (just before Dave Grohl went stage diving ) and Etihad Stadium. Enjoyed every single time we’ve seen them.

Reactions: bgb

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Well I figured you were not driving there
Just wondered if Valetta, Gozo, St. Julians, St. Paul's Bay etc.
But I also respect your privacy

Sorry. I misread... Going to Mellieha Bay. North of the island. Planning to visit Valletta but mostly MrsMaypack will be horizontal in the sun all day so not much movement away from the pool. Relaxing time to be had.

Reactions: Bedlam

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Possibly discovered my car has a coolant leak:banghead2 And the nearest VW garage is 45 minutes away. So popped over today to get some spare coolant to top it up and got stuck in a diversion due to a cycle race.
So still no coolant and half a day wasted sat in traffic. :banghead:

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Sorry. I misread... Going to Mellieha Bay. North of the island. Planning to visit Valletta but mostly MrsMaypack will be horizontal in the sun all day so not much movement away from the pool. Relaxing time to be had.

Been to Mellieha Bay twice. First time hotel in town, second time 'all inclusive' resort just other side of the town. Had a hire car the second time...traffic is a nightmare. People parking in Valetta town nudge the cars so they can park in the gap created! My dad was stationed there during the war. Got 4 x cases in the boot of a Kia Ceed.

Big Col

Nov 5, 2013
North Ayrshire
Mixed sense of enjoyment today.

Completed a 350 mile round trip to view a potential new car.

Took the scenic route on the way home past the glenshee ski centre. Excellent roads and scenery.
Twas a good drive but will probably be my last proper drive in the Leon.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.