what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Deleted member 103408

And here is the pic of the setup down below, so there are two pumps, Windscreen(11) etc and the other (13) Headlight.

Screenshot 2019-10-09 at 19.01.36.png

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
And here is the pic of the setup down below, so there are two pumps, Windscreen(11) etc and the other (13) Headlight.

View attachment 10481

My setup is different from that picture. I don’t have the pipe that runs into the reservoir. The reservoir has the top up point fitted straight on top of it.

I also don’t believe I have the warning sensor fitted either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

Sorry that was from my setup. But I guess the setup is the same in as much as you have two pumps fitted to the bottom part if you have light washers, if not then its a single pump only.

Why did they remove the low level warning sensor.

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Sorry that was from my setup.

Not a problem. I did see a picture of the system for mine and it’s very similar
Why did they remove the low level warning sensor.

No idea but I never got any warnings so therefore I’m making the assumption I don’t have it as originally I thought the pump has stopped working due to low level in my reservoir.

Deleted member 103408

On my old girl the light comes on every time I start the car telling me its low and whilst the warning goes of you get the yellow triangle being lit all the time and it shows you on the center screen.

Another penny pinching cut as the car got more into its stride I am afraid.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
If that car does have a low washer fluid warning system, maybe it has not been enabled in coding, or if you are not the original owner, the previous owner might have disabled it - my old 2000 VW Passat 4Motion came new to me without the washer low level warning coded correctly, same for the brake wear indicator - I found out about the missing washer fluid warning the hard way on a long road journey in terrible winter weather - VAG-COM sorted that out!

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I believe the low level indicator is only on cars with winter pack, ie headlight washers with the larger reservoir :(

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
I believe the low level indicator is only on cars with winter pack, ie headlight washers with the larger reservoir :(

I’ve got the winter pack and headlight washers but no light comes on when I start the car up. Strange!! I think I’ll have to do a little bit more OBDEleven checking to see if it has been coded out.

Gunslinger300

Oct 12, 2017
Glasgow
Saturday:
Spent all day prepping the paint work for a ceramic coating. As soon as I finished the coating it started raining :rolleyes: oh well will just give it another coat when it's dry again :)

Today:
Received the VW fan jet washers after seeing the pos ton here, took 5 mins to fit and such a big improvement.

Next:
Going to grab one of those metal foot rests :)

Any chance of a link for the fan jet washers please?

Scottrick

Oct 1, 2018
Northern Ireland
Saturday:
Spent all day prepping the paint work for a ceramic coating. As soon as I finished the coating it started raining :rolleyes: oh well will just give it another coat when it's dry again :)

Today:
Received the VW fan jet washers after seeing the pos ton here, took 5 mins to fit and such a big improvement.

Next:
Going to grab one of those metal foot rests :)

Where abouts did you get the fan jet washers? Seen a few but hesitant to buy incase they're no good.