What didn't you know about your Leon?

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
Having just bought an LCR, I am interested in finding all the surprise features that you usually find after 6 months of owning a car, or interesting info?

So please spill the beans????

Mandip

Mar 29, 2009
Milton Keynes
I've owned mine since April, here are the most common 'features' i have encountered so far:

Negatives

1) If the pollen filter isn't fitted properly you get a nice foot spa for the passenger
2) Door seals (behind the carrier panel within the door) are prone to deteriorating and letting water in too.
3) There is a secondary water pump located near the radiator, which pumps water around the engine for about 10mins once the engine is switched off. Mine never worked (since buying it)!
4) If you have the older MK1 leon the one with the square mirrors you'll notice that the drivers one doesnt fold in as much as the passenger side one.

There are guides and helpful tips on this forum for all of the above.

Postives

1) Best looking five door car out there
2) Great match between performance and practicality
3) Revo Stage 1 remap will take the bhp up to 265!
4) A HID conversion is probably the best looking mod i've ever done.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
I was sitiing in mine at the weekend and found another button......its on the centre pillar at the bottom down to the right of the drivers seat. I've not looked in the book yet but I'm guessing its a button to put it into valet mode?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
My biggest surprises are how good the handling can be with some choice mods and that 42.5MPG average is possible over a full tank, not alot of people can get it but it's possible.
One of my friends has gotten 50 MPG out of a full tank on his GT28RS LC.

Teasy

Sep 1, 2007
Middlesbrough
Come on fellas, not more moaning of mpg :cry:

Love it when I had a car full driving down the M1 yesterday, put my boot down & it takes off, the acceleration is [B)] I'll have to try the windows "feature" :funk:

MisterMoleyMole

Apr 21, 2008
The standard doors with no mods are frikkin excelent for a speaker upgrade as there more or less a sealed unit! The bass you can get from just the doors alone rocks!!!

MisterMoleyMole

Apr 21, 2008
what you need a guide for. Its there in the boot i think thats what he means. Its on teh left handside as you look in the boot from the rear of teh car.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members