What didn't you know about your Leon?

02CuPrA

you have to hold the key in the turned 'lock' position for a few secs

Haven't read the rest of this lot yet, so some one may have mentioned it. But you can aslo open all the windows as much as you want by holding the key in the 'unlock' position, and then turn back when all windows reach the desired opening.

02CuPrA

To dispel a few misguided opinions that piled here about the LC / LFR / LCR hidden features:

1. With spring-shock-bushing-top mount-camber-caster in perfect condition, the passenger side (right, in Europe) is very-very-slightly (let's say ~2mm) higher compared to driver's side. It appears to be a feature to cope with crowned roads, so the car doesn't wander to the outside the road. (If the suspension is ever so slightly worn, different camber or caster right or left, the effect can't be seen or felt, it appears to be the same height on both sides.)

2. The front lower control arms are the same part for right and left, just mounted in reverse.

3. If the car is unlocked from the keyfob and no door, or any other door except driver's is opened, it locks itself back in 20 to 30 seconds. If unlocked from the alarm, this does not happen.

4. Lock the car from alarm or key, any open window closes itself. Lock from the keyfob and it doesn't.

5. Both brake and throttle can be used at the same time (there is no electronic or mechanical interlock).

6. Service indicator appears each 10 000 kms before ignition. It stays on if the service is not performed in the next 3000 kms. Handbook says it should be performed each 15 000 kms (but better be safe than sorry).

7. AC compressor won't come on below 2 degrees C. Although handbook says 5 degrees C.

8. ESP beeps in the dash if the car is suddenly pushed into a drift via the handbrake. It's a sign its capabilities are overloaded and overriden.

9. Red handbrake light blinks and a beep warns you if the brake fluid is below threshhold.

10. If you try to adjust the driver's mirror from the knob, the passenger side mirror self-adjusts itself at a similar angle. Try to adjust the passenger side mirror from the knob, it moves independently.

11. Clutch slave cylinder can and should be purged of air just like brake cylinders do. It may cure many small and nagging issues with clutch engagement.

12. A modded LC / LCR if pushed will torque-steer to the right just at the moment you try to move. It can be compensated from steering wheel.

~Nautilus

How do you mean unlocked from the alarm? I can unlock my car with the button on the key and if I don't open the door within about 30sec it re-arms the alarm and locks the doors.

lovesabitofvag

Jun 16, 2013
that my mk1 fr tdi had folding electric wing mirrors, i found out yesterday whilst trying to adjust a mirror going down the duel carriageway lol wondered what the hell was happening for a sec then felt like a right div for not knowing

Zee Man

ive known a few do this its down to the chip in the key, if you leave the car and take the key out it and not lock it it autolocks after a couple of minutes, but for some reason some of them dont see the key in the ignition and lock the car, i never leave my keys in the ignition when the engines off becuase of this, ive had a few mk4's do it aswell

Good thread this one...
Had to sleep in my LCR at a festival I was doing some work at due to lack for preparation of packing tent and car locked itself while inside...as i struggled to get comfy low and behold the alarm kicked ...as it would...

freaked me out thought i may of pressed the key fob whilst in my pocket so, unlocked the car only for it to keep doing it and then alarm...low & behold I slept (or tried) with door left ajar with many freaks wandering around
Thinking back i should of just disabled to alarm with the internal button :cry:
However, when parked on my drive and unlocked for prolonged times it doesn't lock itself so must be intermittent
Key now stay strictly with me just in case.

aviii

Aug 8, 2013
Lincolnshire
Didn't know the parcel shelf cables were so fidly to attach to the botlid!! Only managed to do one so far.. other one is being a pita.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise