what do i need to change to make my car handle?

cupra-rich

Dec 28, 2008
coventry
drove a mates lcr and it felt so planted compared to my cupra diesel, so what do i need to change to make mine feel & handle like an lcr?

only handling mods i have done so far is rear 22mm arb,
cheers
rich

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
With an S3 upper strutt brace and S3/LCR lower strutt brace this will be a very good and cheap start.
To compliment this you could upgrade your front ARB to a thicker one, this isn't so cheap to do will will help massively.
You front end suspension set up is very different to the LCR's.
The get the best set up swap out your hubs, front ARB and wish bones for LCR ones. Then you'll be following him round every corner right up his ass:)

cupra-rich

Dec 28, 2008
coventry
cheers willie, wow thats some shopping list sounds like a lot of cash. is there any bush upgrades for my set up? also how much does wheel rim size affect the handling, 17s on mine 18s on the lcr?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Rim size will effect the handling, this can be helped by running good tyres like Good Year Eagle F1 Asymmetrics. Keep a close eye on your tyre pressure, I felt a big difference with sticking to the 33PSI front and back for my car.
If its budget you want change the wish bone rear bushes to Audi TT roadster ones,the front ones to LCR ones, fit the upper S3 strutt brace and lower LCR/S3/R32 strutt brace.
Upper strutt brace £55
Lower Strutt brace £30
Wish bone front bushes £30
Wish bone rear bushes £60
ARB bushes £30
4 wheel alignment £60

Also with the above mods if your rear ARB is adjustable set it to stiffest setting

cupra-rich

Dec 28, 2008
coventry
thanks for the info just what i was looking for. running 33psi on falken 452s now, was running 30psi & can defo tell the differance. rear arb set on middle have run this in stiffest setting but did'nt like the way it handeld, but will give it a go after done all the mods above.cheers agian willie

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.