What do we all do for jobs

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
C997EF8E-A41A-48F2-8EC3-63CE31DA935C.jpeg
AB950726-98DE-4CE6-892F-BFC6147419D0.jpeg
DDEFFED6-5E8F-4089-8F42-26964639807E.jpeg

I drive this for a living.
Prior to driving I was a self employed joiner for 15 years but the childhood dream was never to be a footballer or an astronaut or anything glamorous, it was to drive a truck so at 34 I thought why not?
Been doing it 6 years now and it’s not as bad as people may think.
What other jobs can you have a couple of hours kip on a bed every day?:sleeping:

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
View attachment 10511 View attachment 10509 View attachment 10510
I drive this for a living.
Prior to driving I was a self employed joiner for 15 years but the childhood dream was never to be a footballer or an astronaut or anything glamorous, it was to drive a truck so at 34 I thought why not?
Been doing it 6 years now and it’s not as bad as people may think.
What other jobs can you have a couple of hours kip on a bed every day?:sleeping:

So if I see holly frances on the road I know it’s you and I will give you beep beep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nathan penney

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
So if I see holly frances on the road I know it’s you and I will give you beep beep

If it’s between the hours of 3 in the morning and about 2 in the afternoon it’s probably me.
Any other time it’ll be the night driver.
You won’t get us mistaken though. He’s captain Birdseye’s double. Lol
And I’m not!

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
Technical sales manager. Sounds good, but the targets are not something I want in my life.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
If it’s between the hours of 3 in the morning and about 2 in the afternoon it’s probably me.
Any other time it’ll be the night driver.
You won’t get us mistaken though. He’s captain Birdseye’s double. Lol
And I’m not!
Genuinely cruious to know how this works, do you share the cab or do you go home when the night driver is on? I would have thought some jobs can't be completed in a single day, and it makes sense for stobard to have theri trucks running for as many hours of the day as they can....

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Genuinely cruious to know how this works, do you share the cab or do you go home when the night driver is on? I would have thought some jobs can't be completed in a single day, and it makes sense for stobard to have theri trucks running for as many hours of the day as they can....
I start early morning ( 3 ish) and do on average an 11 hour shift. The night guy starts at 3 in the afternoon and does 12 hours so it’s back for when I start.
It’s constantly on the go hence it’s 128,000 miles in 15 months!
Testament to scania it’s not had one fault bar a front tyre and 2 bulbs.
I deliver chilled/ frozen food 99% time to tesco so the planners know how long jobs take to do so it’s straightforward enough to plan.
Supermarket deliveries aren’t for everyone but I like it. You get to know the stores, the staff and I’m home in time to pick the kids up from school so it suits me.
Always on the look out for cars with Cupra.net stickers in when I’m on the road. Lol

MH0

Aug 7, 2019
Cyber security Consultant and Instagram rap promoter. - I basically promote upcoming artists and any known artists on my instagram page/ spotify playlist for £££

Reactions: bigT's lcr

S70DGE

Feb 15, 2011
Halifax west Yorkshire
car parts advisor unfortunately not for the VW group but another german car maker envious of nathan penney been a stobart driver it was my childhood dream until i got Type 1 Diabetes so that was that dream out of the window been to Truckfest a few times and met some of the stobart drivers i think i love trucks more than cars!!!!

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
car parts advisor unfortunately not for the VW group but another german car maker envious of nathan penney been a stobart driver it was my childhood dream until i got Type 1 Diabetes so that was that dream out of the window been to Truckfest a few times and met some of the stobart drivers i think i love trucks more than cars!!!!
There’s certainly not a lot of people want to drive a truck for a living but I enjoy it. Its times like now with what the worlds going through we start to get appreciated that little bit more. I work out of a Tesco distribution centre and just driven a 400 mile round trip with 45 cages of chilled and frozen food.
When you go in the shop and realise just how empty the chillers and freezers are you realise just how important it is these deliveries get there.

Reactions: bruceR

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
There’s certainly not a lot of people want to drive a truck for a living

I've thought about it. But my biggest fear would be taking a wrong turn down a narrow road and having to try n turn around or reverse back up it. The delivery truck at the local Tesco missed the delivery entrance last weekend and drove in the normal entrance (which is curved upwards in a spiral). You can probably guess what happened next. Anyways, he got it stuck so bad they had to get a crane out and lift the truck up and over. Think it took about 4-5 hours.

Reactions: Nathan penney

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
U
I've thought about it. But my biggest fear would be taking a wrong turn down a narrow road and having to try n turn around or reverse back up it. The delivery truck at the local Tesco missed the delivery entrance last weekend and drove in the normal entrance (which is curved upwards in a spiral). You can probably guess what happened next. Anyways, he got it stuck so bad they had to get a crane out and lift the truck up and over. Think it took about 4-5 hours.
Thats what truck Sat navs are for. Set your length, weight and height ( of your truck, lol) and away you go. I also still carry a truck atlas with bridge heights in it. I always like to know where I’m going rather than just rely on sat nav.
That’s crazy having to be lifted out of the car park. Especially on Tesco work you get a risk assessment to follow. :roflmao:

Reactions: Legojon

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
@Nathan penney. Hope you don’t deliver toilet roll, wouldn’t want you get hijacked

Haha. Only a couple of shops get grocery deliveries that include toilet rolls and hand sanitizer from our depot. Hopefully avoid those.
Possibly heading your way tomorrow @Maypack - planned on Barrow and Maryport so I’ll look forward to those narrow twisty country lanes. :drive1:

Reactions: Yellow fr

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Haha. Only a couple of shops get grocery deliveries that include toilet rolls and hand sanitizer from our depot. Hopefully avoid those.
Possibly heading your way tomorrow @Maypack - planned on Barrow and Maryport so I’ll look forward to those narrow twisty country lanes. :drive1:

You coming up the coast road from Barrow to Maryport. Nice road in a CUPRA but unfortunately not a good road for an Artic.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.