What do you all do for a job

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
hi

I'm a writer for a half of my life, cars are my hobby. Work for lhttps://edubirdie.com/lab-report-writing-service most of the time - love to make researches as well.
dunno why this post makes me laugh so much.. maybe its cause its his only contribution to this website, despite being a write whose hobbies include cars :lol:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
dunno why this post makes me laugh so much.. maybe its cause its his only contribution to this website, despite being a write whose hobbies include cars :lol:

I suspect he's actually a spammer. As you say, it's his only contribution and he tries to link to a report writing website. We have to be so much more on our toes these days to spot em. A lot of the time, I'm scratching my head thinking do I delete their post/thread/account or not!?

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
I'm now a Network & Telecoms Engineer for a large water/sewerage company, well have been since November. I guess i could also add that I'm a sadist based on my trials and tribulations with trying to keep the LCR on the road with no budget !!

Deleted member 103408

Or put another way we could call you the comeback kid, Dead car Live car Dead car Live car, hopefully 2019 will be a better year both for work and the car.

Im a heavy goods mechanic (apprentice ATM) For my local council. I work on the likes of; bin lorries, gritters, tankers & big road sweepers, I really enjoy it but it is a crap job in the winter. And I'd suspect any mechanic would say virtually the same thing.

perelaar

Jan 18, 2019
Sugartown Belgium
Quality manager / service manager for the IT department of a large international organisation. Free time: enjoying life with 2 labradors, one of which is a working labrador on our shoot.

Raglits

Jan 1, 2019
I've worked in IT for over 20 years now, starting out as first level support for a local council, and currently senior backup administrator and architect for a multi-national fintech organisation via consultancy roles in between. Still miss the consultancy roles after changing to a senior support role in 2012 but don't miss driving 30000 miles a year on top of the normal work hours :)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I've worked in IT for over 20 years now, starting out as first level support for a local council, and currently senior backup administrator and architect for a multi-national fintech organisation via consultancy roles in between. Still miss the consultancy roles after changing to a senior support role in 2012 but don't miss driving 30000 miles a year on top of the normal work hours :)
Thanks for that as I'm about to start my 7 hour round trip for about 2 hours work lol

Reactions: kanyewest

Raglits

Jan 1, 2019
Thanks for that as I'm about to start my 7 hour round trip for about 2 hours work lol

If it's any consolation I still have that occasionally... Our security policy states that a permanent member of staff has to accompany third party support personnel on site and as we have unmanned data centres if a disk fails in one of our backup appliances and no one else is doing any work in the data centre I have to travel from near Wolverhampton to Heathrow or docklands to watch someone swap out a hard drive that takes about 5 minutes even when dragging the job out to extremes... (The rest of the team lives in the states, India or the Philippines so I'm the only UK based team member...)

Stephenator280

Nov 5, 2017
If it's any consolation I still have that occasionally... Our security policy states that a permanent member of staff has to accompany third party support personnel on site and as we have unmanned data centres if a disk fails in one of our backup appliances and no one else is doing any work in the data centre I have to travel from near Wolverhampton to Heathrow or docklands to watch someone swap out a hard drive that takes about 5 minutes even when dragging the job out to extremes... (The rest of the team lives in the states, India or the Philippines so I'm the only UK based team member...)

Not for a second do I miss my old, admittedly occasional, visits to the data centre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
Ive gone from 2 data centre's, 1 admin office and 1 dark dr site to no data centres, 64 sites across 3 counties and a 5.5 hour drive to head office

Raglits

Jan 1, 2019
My primary responsibility is the backups in the two "new" data centres which are slowly being filled with kit/replacement servers from 3 old ones. However, I also help out with the backups in the states so that's another 22 data centres so being woken up at 3am, when on call, and being told there's a problem somewhere it takes me a cup of coffee to work out which one I should be logging into :)

Head office is in Florida (UK head office is Watford) and my boss is in Chicago and I'm yet to meet him after 18 months or so at the company...

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
RETIRED (again, 4th attempt) maybe this time for good now I'm 60+ but who knows? No early rises scraping windows haha.

colsy

Mar 15, 2012
Dover
I worked in Shipping and Forwarding when I left School ,then moved on to work for HMC &E (Customs and Excise ) in 1988.Moved over to work in France (Coquelles)1995 Eurotunnel exit point for Cars,Trucks,Coaches etc to U.K. for Customs,then we merged with Immigration ..or Irritation as we called them ....lol ! We looked for /rummaged for Drugs,Weapons ,Firearms , and Qty's of Cigs,Tobacco,etc ! I left in 2011 taking the voluntary release thing they offered me !After .. 33 years of shift work that was enough for me (including Shipping job) which was private Company.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.