What does you car suck on? (The Induction Kit War)

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
From the start of time I have argued with my friends about what induction kit is the best. The big star on the streets seems to be the Pipercross Viper, or KnN.

I have started this thread so we can all discuss what induction kit really is the cream of the crop and are most beneficial for the Leon.

This thread would be a perfect guide to anyone who is thinking about purchasing an induction kit for there car in the near future.

If people have performance graph that would be excellent.

Personally it’s Green Cotton all the way. The Twister Model.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Standard airbox with a Green panel filter.

No heat soak, no bogging down, no OTT noise, better pickup through the revs :)

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Before I went VAG, I swore by Greencotton.. and I think with Badger5's help, I'll continue to purchase and sing Green's praises via the Dynatwist kit.

Induction kits are a subject open to debate and their effects differ greatly from car to car. For example, my g/fs Puma will show no gains at all if I fit an induction kit to it. It's simply pointless.

I'll go Greencotton soon though, with my Cupra.

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
green panel filter and smoothed airbox
coupled with the 007p its a noisy combination im finding

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
RamAir Maxflow as per my siggy pic, sounds great and wayy less expensive than the carbonio and dynapricey kits.
Bill (aka ibizacupra) sells em.

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
Before I went VAG, I swore by Greencotton.. and I think with Badger5's help, I'll continue to purchase and sing Green's praises via the Dynatwist kit.

Induction kits are a subject open to debate and their effects differ greatly from car to car. For example, my g/fs Puma will show no gains at all if I fit an induction kit to it. It's simply pointless.

I'll go Greencotton soon though, with my Cupra.

I ran a Dynatwist kit on my Audi A3 :clap: . Iv never head any induction kit sound quite so agressive its deep groan is amaing. Ill be getting one for the Cupra ASAP.

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Awesome kits, Skorchio. I've heard so much good press about them, from plenty of people with different applications. I've never had a hiccup from my previous Greencotton purchases so I'll be recommending them to anyone looking for a cotton filter, other than K+N.

It managed to make my girlfriends 1.25 Zetec Mk4 Fiesta roar at higher-revs :D Good old Green :D

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
i've got a raid filter on my LCR, its exactly the same as the ramair filter. i got it direct from raid through their ebay shop

CUPRAH010.jpg

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Great induction review site. I'd be interested to see how some other brands performed, Piper-X, Green and K+N would be interesting.

Apexi clearly the dominate filter there.. might be worth taking a look. Incidentally, anyone know at a glance whether or not Apexi make VAG fitment filters?

EDIT: beg your pardon, K+N is tested. Not bad results, either.

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
my brother has the same apexi filter on his evo 2, sounds awesome! but he also has a hks blow off thingy too........ sounds good on his car.

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
Green panel filter, smoothed airbox and 80mm ducting (replacing OEM snorkle thingy).

All sucked through by a Forge TIP.

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
The unverisal Apexi filter has a 76mm neck opening I think, they are fairly cheap off ebay too.
I'm sure that someone on here has one fitted to a Ibiza Cupra Turbo which is the 70mm MAF.

DamoR

Smoked!!!!
Oct 9, 2006
Birmingham
www.myspace.com
Ramair Maxflow at the moment but going to try the smoothed airbox as well now I have it off the car. The Ramair sounds great though and my dv is so loads louder now :)

I've fitted an 80mm long cold air feed like the pipercross viper one above.