what Electronic boost Gauge

karlw

AKA Shifty - Modded LCR
Jan 29, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
What boost gauges are people using and where is the best place to get them from?
My LCR currently has an AutoGauge and its the most inaccurate gauge ive ever seen. (does look cool though LOL)

karlw

AKA Shifty - Modded LCR
Jan 29, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
cheers for that but what does stepper mean?
The one I already have is a colour changing Auto Gauge and its rubbish
We the car is plugged into diag its boost 22 psi yet the gauge goes off the scale past 30

dippy4000

going faster
Feb 14, 2009
Kent

karlw

AKA Shifty - Modded LCR
Jan 29, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
I have one of those and i bought it from Halfords in Chatham just under 3 months ago to replace my old rubbish one, I agree a good accurate boost gauge. :)

Halfrauds you say??!
I might have a looknig there tomrrow as i need some brake cleaner.
I have a trade card to so may eveng et a discount [B)]

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
cheers for that but what does stepper mean?
The one I already have is a colour changing Auto Gauge and its rubbish
We the car is plugged into diag its boost 22 psi yet the gauge goes off the scale past 30

the only way i can descibe it is, works like a swiss watch with electronic movment :). also to get the best reading from your boost gauge, t off the fpr instead of the dump valve

dippy4000

going faster
Feb 14, 2009
Kent
Hopefully the build quality of them has improved now. had a couple of them in the past and they werent very accurate.

The stepper motor one i have running off the fpr reads the same as my liquid gauge, so i would say its accurate :)

karlw

AKA Shifty - Modded LCR
Jan 29, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
i had a look in our bog halfords over the weekend and they only do the mechanical ones at £24.99 and they are about as good as a Chocolate Fire guard :cry:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.