What engine do I have?

Samuel bristow

Jul 10, 2018
so basically I want to know abit more about my engine I know I have the ea113 because I have a 2.0 tfsi Leon fr and I know the ea888 didn’t come into action until 2009 but I was wondering what engine code would it be and what turbo do I have and also what would my options be for an upgraded turbo

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Last edited:

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Your engine code is on the build sticker on the boot floor.

Pretty sure it'll be a BWA in a pre-facelift petrol FR.

Samuel bristow

Jul 10, 2018
Thanks for the help guys yes its the BWA with K03 turbo thinking about getting a turbo back sports cat system on it to improve the sound but also have it remapped just wondering will i get more gains from sports cat or decat?

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
Thanks for the help guys yes its the BWA with K03 turbo thinking about getting a turbo back sports cat system on it to improve the sound but also have it remapped just wondering will i get more gains from sports cat or decat?

Decat and its a hell of alot cheaper but won't pass M.O.T emissions.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I think even with a 100 Cell Sports cat you have to make sure its hot before taking it in for an MOT to pass, 200 Cell is supposed to work better.

I think removing the pre cat would help with torque figures on the stage 1 map according to my findings with R-Tech contact.

Could you just not remove the middle silencer with a straight through pipe for the added noise that's what i did on my 57 plate FR TFSI and it sounded good and only cost about £60.

Samuel bristow

Jul 10, 2018
I have already deleted the mid silencer and got a small powerflow back box and it is pretty loud but its got a not of farty sounds at high revs and i was told if i remove the cat i will get a deeper grumble at high revs

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
I have already deleted the mid silencer and got a small powerflow back box and it is pretty loud but its got a not of farty sounds at high revs and i was told if i remove the cat i will get a deeper grumble at high revs

Just a non res cat back on its own makes normal driving louder and it howls at high revs, if you want to get a decat/sport cat you might as well stage 2 it at the same time though.

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
so basically I want to know abit more about my engine I know I have the ea113 because I have a 2.0 tfsi Leon fr and I know the ea888 didn’t come into action until 2009 but I was wondering what engine code would it be and what turbo do I have and also what would my options be for an upgraded turbo
your engine code should be BWA and I believe its a K03 TURBO producing 197 bhp....if petrol

Reactions: Samuel bristow
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise