What features can be activated after purchase?

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Modifications can be done with OBD eleven or VCDS. Bit of a cost difference though as VCDS runs to about £300 and OBD eleven is about £60. You buy a dongle to connect to the cars OBD port and you also need an Android phone/tablet. Details here:

https://obdeleven.com/en/

ajprice

Feb 5, 2018
Is the double boot floor something that can be bought and fitted afterwards? I did this with my Citigo (so same applies to the Mii) and it was the shelf, a couple of plastic mouldings and some screws.

Last edited:

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
Er no. A blanking plate is used if the ACC is not specified. The radar is a £200 piece of equipment. They are not going to inflate the price of the car just in case you decide later you want to enable it.

Pretty sure it can’t be a £200 piece of kit if they only charge £170 as an option. More like a tenners worth of hardware and some coding I reckon!

DigiMagic

Apr 14, 2017
Is the double boot floor something that can be bought and fitted afterwards? I did this with my Citigo (so same applies to the Mini) and it was the shelf, a couple of plastic mouldings and some screws.

I'm interested in this too. If it can't be bought, I've thought to get a big enough piece of plywood from a hardware store, then cut it with hand tools and glue some car carpet material.

Last edited:

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Pretty sure it can’t be a £200 piece of kit if they only charge £170 as an option.
Why not?

We're talkng about a company that charges £100 for a space-saver spare wheel as a factory-fitted option, and £299 for the exact same wheel as a dealer-fitted accessory.

It will always be cheaper to fit something to a car whilst it is being assembled on the production line than afterwards when dealership margins and/or labour costs are added.

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
Why not?

We're talkng about a company that charges £100 for a space-saver spare wheel as a factory-fitted option, and £299 for the exact same wheel as a dealer-fitted accessory.

It will always be cheaper to fit something to a car whilst it is being assembled on the production line than afterwards when dealership margins and/or labour costs are added.

Because they’ll be making money at the £100 price, SEAT aren’t a charity. Why would they charge less than cost for any option? Metallic paint costs pennies more than flat, but we are conditioned to pay £500 + for it. If a space saver actually costs them more than £50 to fit on the line I’d be amazed.

It costs more to distribute to individual dealers, and they know that those that want one want one. So of course they charge more than the factory opton cost. Would fewer people buy at £250 than £300? Probably not. £200? Maybe, but they’ve worked the numbers and decided at £300 it’s worth their while, and they’ll make plenty of margin. Or perhaps it’s a price where no one orders it so they don’t have to bother with the aggro!!

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
O.K, badly explained...

The thing that SEAT sell for £170 as a factory option (at a profit, obviously) is then sold at retail, excluding fitting costs etc, for £200.

Hence yes, it can be a £200 piece of kit if they only charge £170 as an option.

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
Ah I see...sorry :) Yes, as a retrofit it’ll be silly money, if even possible. I’m guessing not something a dealer would even consider retrofitting, unless there was an ‘official’ retrofit package.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Is the double boot floor something that can be bought and fitted afterwards?
I'm interested in this too.
Double floor is not available on Ibiza, either as standard on any model or as a factory option, so no.

SEAT only offer it as standard on Leon ST and Arona and a factory option on Ateca.

I did this with my Citigo (so same applies to the Mii) and it was the shelf, a couple of plastic mouldings and some screws.
Oddly, I don't think it has ever been available on Mii, only Citigo and Up! :confused:

Last edited:

rustyd0g

Jul 31, 2017
Edinburgh
Double floor is not available on Ibiza, either as standard on any model or as a factory option, so no.

SEAT only offer it as standard on Leon ST and Arona and a factory option on Ateca.

Oddly, I don't think it has ever been available on Mii, only Citigo and Up! :confused:

Yes it is, I've ordered it. It's part of the Storage Pack.

CaptainScrumpy

Apr 28, 2018
Has anyone had any more of a look at activating ACC on a car that doesn't come with it?

I had a look in the manual and EBA (Front Assist) and ACC definitely use the same type of radar sensor. Well at least the same amount of information on the radar systems - p214 and 219 of the manual.

EBA works between 2.5 and 156mph while ACC works between 18 and 150mph which definitely indicates that the EBA sensor is sensitive enough.

So the only difference looks like software activation and the cruise control steering wheel stalk.

olliechambers1

Jan 2, 2018
Lancashire/Berkshire
Has anyone had any more of a look at activating ACC on a car that doesn't come with it?

I had a look in the manual and EBA (Front Assist) and ACC definitely use the same type of radar sensor. Well at least the same amount of information on the radar systems - p214 and 219 of the manual.

EBA works between 2.5 and 156mph while ACC works between 18 and 150mph which definitely indicates that the EBA sensor is sensitive enough.

So the only difference looks like software activation and the cruise control steering wheel stalk.

The stalk on the steering wheel is actually the entire steering control unit. Without all the other electronics in there the ACC won't work.

You can probably get it if you know the part number, but it'll probably be very expensive!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members