What Fuel do you guys use?

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
I use costco premium unleaded which is 97 ron. My understanding is the supplier is grenergy who also supply tesco. The difference will be additives, but also that costco are always the cheapest super unleaded unless you have a fuel card.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

awsm

Sep 25, 2019
I used Tesco momentum in my GTI but have been filling up with V-Power in the Cupra. Thinking of going back to momentum and seeing if I can notice any difference as the price of V-Power is around 11p a liter more.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
For everyday driving I weigh up the additional cost of V-power vs the supermarket 95. No point putting in a better fuel for better fuel consumption if the extra mileage is nulled by the extra cost.

I generally put v-power in every 5 or 6 fill ups. I put a full tank in the car every week because of my 100 mile round trip commute.

Dr.Dash

Aug 30, 2015
Midlands
I have heard of this fuel before, I live in the west mids and dont think there are any garages near me to try this fuel out.
E10 refers to the Ethanol content of the fuel.
Most regular Unleaded is now E5 (pumps must be marked to show this, some older cars are not recommended to run E10) and it is becoming harder to find Ethanol free petrol.

Ethanol, sometimes call biofuel, is an alcohol-based fuel made by fermenting plant products.
It is being blended with petrol to reduce net carbon dioxide generation. There shouldn't be any significant performance gain or loss and there's no reason to actively seek it out. I've only ever heard of people trying to avoid ethanol mixed road fuels.

Ethanol in solution does absorb water which can be a problem when it forms a gel like substance in modern injector systems. Esso Supreme+ is one super unleaded that is ethanol free (E0), unless you live in Devon, Cornwall, Teesside area and Scotland.

Reactions: DaRa

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
There shouldn't be any significant performance gain or loss and there's no reason to actively seek it out. I've only ever heard of people trying to avoid ethanol mixed road fuels.

Ethanol in solution does absorb water which can be a problem when it forms a gel like substance in modern injector systems. Esso Supreme+ is one super unleaded that is ethanol free (E0), unless you live in Devon, Cornwall, Teesside area and Scotland.

It shouldn't increase performance, but it certainly did on mine. Which made me wonder about the actual octane rating of BP Ultimate down here.
Alcohols do absorb water, but are fine if the car does not sit for extended periods, or is used in outboards etc.
I ran 50/50 water/methanol mix in a supercharged engine with no ill effects at all. The mix is just vaporised and burnt.
In fact, one benefit of biofuel is that small amounts of water don't accumulate in the bottom of fuel tanks and cause corrosion.

Gunslinger300

Oct 12, 2017
Glasgow
I use costco premium unleaded which is 97 ron. My understanding is the supplier is grenergy who also supply tesco. The difference will be additives, but also that costco are always the cheapest super unleaded unless you have a fuel card.

How much is that a litre? There’s a Costco near me thinking of joining up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
It was 127.9p at the costco in chester today. 124.9p for diesel - which they reckon is a premium diesel and I think If i recall correctly 122.9p for normal 95ron. The liverpool site is usually cheaper as other petrol stations are cheaper in liverpool, say a 1p or so less per litre for everything.
I combine this with the random selection of stuff I buy from the stores and its makes very worthwhile. Also they fit tyres and are usually very competitive, occasionally putting offers on. Best are usually for michelin but they do stock Bridgestone and Goodyear I think.

Reactions: Gunslinger300
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.