what have you done to your car today ?

Greavesy

Jun 30, 2013
Donny
just got it out, took a saw to it, I'm fooked now lol.

An angle grinder! An angle grinder! My Kingdom for an angle grinder!!!

Greavesy

Jun 30, 2013
Donny
it's BS! what a stupid design!

Ended up dropping one half of the rear axel to get the Milltek in!

Sounds Sweet though! :D

seatturbopower

Aug 1, 2012
birmingham
it's BS! what a stupid design!

Ended up dropping one half of the rear axel to get the Milltek in!

Sounds Sweet though! :D

i wudda guessed that there was no need to drop the sub frame like its a bit5h to fir but it is possible I had the cobra cat back and it looks the very same. The mid section that's held on just needs dropping but the its possible to fit, dose go in though

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
There are marks on the original exhaust to indicate where you cut it, the join is then sleeved - how else do you think they'd replace a back box without dropping everything out? ;)

Greavesy

Jun 30, 2013
Donny
i wudda guessed that there was no need to drop the sub frame like its a bit5h to fir but it is possible I had the cobra cat back and it looks the very same. The mid section that's held on just needs dropping but the its possible to fit, dose go in though

Well I couldn't do it but to be honest, dropping one side of the rear sub frame was a piece of piss, it was only one bolt and a big of leverage. Strange how it looks exactly the same as the rear setup on my old 20 year old Audi 80. Suppose if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

There are marks on the original exhaust to indicate where you cut it, the join is then sleeved - how else do you think they'd replace a back box without dropping everything out? ;)

Good point, i just cut it where ever as the original exhaust was totally knackered, it was only supported on 1 hanger as all the others had rusted away.

seatturbopower

Aug 1, 2012
birmingham
Well I couldn't do it but to be honest, dropping one side of the rear sub frame was a piece of piss, it was only one bolt and a big of leverage. Strange how it looks exactly the same as the rear setup on my old 20 year old Audi 80. Suppose if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Good point, i just cut it where ever as the original exhaust was totally knackered, it was only supported on 1 hanger as all the others had rusted away.

ahh yeh I get you mate, I was abit unsure on if dropping the frame would be a right bit5h to do but seems not.
my exhaust was the same(the o e one)looking at it it seemed all solid but then when I had a closer look the rear bracket was lose and and was ready to drop, I was pretty surprised in the condition of it .I had to angle grind the nuts off then off came the clamps glowing orange at one point [B)]lol

Rivva

Want more power!!
Feb 12, 2004
Doncaster
Visit site
Fitted powerflex bushes to dog bone mount, strangely no increase in vibration which I was expecting? Not a massive difference felt either... will give it a boot full when its dry and report back

xDaNx

Fitted powerflex bushes to dog bone mount, strangely no increase in vibration which I was expecting? Not a massive difference felt either... will give it a boot full when its dry and report back
You fit just the big bush or both? I've got a dogbone mount with both bushes done sat in a box somewhere you could have had off me, it's too harsh for me. :)

Rivva

Want more power!!
Feb 12, 2004
Doncaster
Visit site
Ive done both dan, its started vibrating a little after a good few miles, find it strange as from reading up it should be the other way round, bad vibration until it settles in

Rivva

Want more power!!
Feb 12, 2004
Doncaster
Visit site
Yellow one, the vibrations are barely noticeable to be honest, the biggest difference ive noticed is when pulling away, seems a little stiffer and needs a bit more to get going

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Oh, mine vibrates the steering wheel on tick over, did the same on my old one to. It's not really bad but I'd imagine the diesel one would be better for me,

cwp93

Oct 9, 2013
Today was the day the car was treated to discs and pads all round and a little wash, by a friends girlfriend! Ha!
mejyby7a.jpg

Please ignore the winter wheels! The new wheels should be coming late next week! :D!

Seat Leon 150tdi Cupra readers ride! http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=393444

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.